123.hp.com/envy5531 | 123 HP Envy 5531 Features
The Envy 5531 is a neat, compact multi-functional printer with printing, scanning and copying features that looks more stylish than printer. With its look through scanner glass lid and front panel with no visible buttons, the Envy 5531 is bound to get a few looks. On paying closer attention, you’ll find that the power button is touch enabled and the front panel can open at 45 degrees to reveal a Paper Input Tray. It also has a Memory card slot in the front for printing documents directly from your pen drive. The HP printer can be set up using a Wired or a Wireless connection. The drivers for your Envy 5531 can be downloaded from 123.hp.com/envy5531 or 123.hp.com/setup 5531.
The Envy 5531 comes with a decent print speed and quality. When it comes to scanning and copying, the resolution is more than good but the copying speed varies according to the complexity of the document. Another notable feature is that you can schedule your printer to print weekly articles, puzzles or cartoons if you’ve subscribed to them via the HP’s Print app.
123.hp.com/envy5531 Printer Unboxing
- Lay the printer flat on the table and remove the boxes containing the cartridges and the power cord.
- Next, take out the Installation CD and the various setup guides that came along with the printer. You can install the software drivers for your printer from the Installation CD or download them from 123.hp.com/envy5531
- Gently remove the printer out of the box and remove the Styrofoam caps on either sides.
- Open the scanner glass lid and remove the Styrofoam sheet placed on the scanner glass area.
- The ink cartridge access area located below the scanner glass area will have packaging materials as well. Open the cartridge access door to remove these materials and check thoroughly for any stray materials before closing the ink cartridge access door and the scanner glass lid.
- In the same way, pull out the Paper Tray and remove the packaging materials on the tray as well.
This completes the Unboxing of your Envy 5531. Keep reading to see how to install in cartridges, load paper, setup your printer wirelessly and more.
123 HP Envy 5531 Installing Ink cartridges
Before installing the cartridges, the printer must be switched on. Connect a power cord to the rear of the printer and the other end to the wall outlet. Switch it on by tapping the power button on the front panel. Wait for the printer to quiet down before installing the ink cartridges.
Follow the steps given below to begin the installation:
- Open the ink cartridge access area below the scanner glass lid and wait for the ink carriages to move to the center.
- Remove the wrapper from the tri-colour cartridge and peel away the film covering the copper coloured contacts. Don’t touch the nozzles or the copper contacts as that might result in ink clogs and bad electrical connections.
- Carefully insert the tri-colour cartridge into its respective slot until you hear it snap into place.
- Repeat the same procedure to insert the black cartridge into place.
Once the cartridges have been inserted, the printer will ask you to load unused paper into the Paper Tray. It is important that you don’t skip the installation of the ink cartridges and loading unused papers so that you can proceed with the driver installation once it has been downloaded from 123.hp.com/envy5531 or 123.hp.com/setup 5531
123 HP Envy 5531 Loading Unused Paper
- Tap the Paper Tray icon beside the power button. The front panel opens up and the Paper Tray slides out automatically.
- Before inserting papers into the Paper Input Tray, slide the paper width guides away from each other.
- Now, align a stack of papers and insert the stack into the Paper Tray.
- Slide the Paper Tray inside and wait for the printer to detect the papers.
- Once the papers have been detected, the printer will ask you if it can print a test page.
- Click Yes and wait for the printer to print a test page.
- Next, the printer asks you how you’d like to connect it to the system. You can connect the printer to the system either using a USB connection or wirelessly. Note that the Envy 5531 doesn’t support an Ethernet connection.
In the next step, you can learn how to connect your printer wirelessly so that you can download and install the software from 123.hp.com/envy5531
123 HP Envy 5531 Wireless Setup Wizard
The Wireless Setup Wizard helps your system detect your printer and connect to it so that the drivers downloaded from 123.hp.com/envy5531 can be installed. Before starting with the Wireless Setup Wizard, make sure that you have the items given below:
- Network Name (SSID)
- WPA Password
Follow the steps given below to get started with the Wireless setup Wizard
- Once you’ve chosen Wireless as the preferred mode of connection, the printer automatically searches for wireless networks within the range of the printer.
- Select the name of the network that you wish to connect to and enter the password. Input the password with the correct case letters as passwords and network names are case-sensitive.
- The printer will try to connect to the selected wireless network now.For more support visit 123.hp.com/setup 5531.
Note that the system and printer must be connected to the same wireless network.
Read the next section to know how to download and install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/envy5531
123.hp.com/setup 5531 – Printer Driver Download and Installation
The drivers can also be installed from the CD that comes along with the printer but if you want the latest version of the printer driver, you can download and install the device driver from 123.hp.com/setup 5531 HP’s official website.
- Switch on your system and open a browser of your choice. Go to hp.com/envy5531
- Click the Download button and wait for the software to finish downloading.
- Once the download has been completed, open it by clicking on its name from the browser downloads bar.
- HP Easy Start Utility extracts all the necessary files for installation of the software on your system.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation of the software driver.
- Read and agree to HP’s terms and conditions when prompted.
- You might be asked to choose between full feature software download and basic feature software downloads. It is better to download the full feature software so that you get access to all of the printer’s features.
This completes the download and installation of the software from 123.hp.com/envy5531. You can also download and install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 5531
123 HP Envy 5531 ePrint service
The ePrint service enables you to send print jobs to your printer via e-mail from any place with an active internet connection as long as your document is less than 10 MB. The format of the original document might be changed while printing using the ePrint service. The ePrint service only requires that the software drivers be downloaded and installed from 123.hp.com/envy5531
To enable the ePrinting service on your service on your Envy 5531, follow the steps given below.
- Tap the ePrint icon on the Control panel.
- Read and agree to all of the terms and conditions. Now, follow the instructions on the screen to enable the Web Services.
- Next, an ePrint information sheet containing the printer claim code is printed.
- Go to HP’s ePrint center and click the Sign In button.
- Next, click the Sign Up link placed on the top of the screen.
- To add your printer, add the printer code when asked to do so.
- On the Control panel, touch ePrint.
- From the Web services Summary screen, obtain the e-mail address of the printer.
- To print documents, send an e-mail to your printer with the documents as attachments to print both, the documents and attachments.
123 HP Envy 5531 Wireless Direct
It is possible to print directly to the printer without any wireless router just using wireless enabled mobile devices and computers with the Wireless Direct option.
- From the home screen on the control panel, tap the Wireless icon.
- In case Wireless Direct is turned off, touch the Settings icon.
- Then, touch the Wireless Direct icon and tap On (With Security) or On (Without security)
- In case the Wireless Direct option without security is selected, then anyone within the range of the printer can connect to it.
- If the Wireless Direct option with security is selected, then a Display password option is shown to display the Wireless Direct password.
A maximum of five devices can be connected at a single time.