123.hp.com/oj6600 | 123 HP OfficeJet 6600 Features
The OfficeJet 6600 is an All-in-one printer that is focused on not taking a toll on your pocket while delivering on the printer functionality. The OfficeJet 6600 also comes with a 2.2 inch Mono LCD touch screen control panel which is surprising given the price at which it is sold. With the Instant Ink subscription, you can also bring down the printer costs considerably. What’s more, you can also print from any place with an active internet connection with the ePrint and other mobile devices. All you have to do is download software drivers from 123.hp.com/oj6600 or 123.hp.com/setup 6600 and enable Web Services.
Given below are some of the specifications for the HP OfficeJet 6600
- Print speed (B/W): 8.5 ppm
- Print speed (colour): 6 ppm
- Paper Input Tray: 60 sheets
- Paper Output Tray: 25 sheets
- Connectivity: USB, Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Direct
- Mobile Printing Solutions: ePrint and ePrint app, Air Print, HP Smart App
123.hp.com/setup 6600 | 123 HP OfficeJet 6600 Unboxing
- First, open the box such that you don’t damage the contents inside and keep the flaps to the side such that they don’t obstruct the removal of contents inside.
- Then, remove the pamphlet, Setup guide, Installation CD, power cord and phone cord.
- Next, remove the cardboard piece on top and set it aside for recycling. If you have brought your HP OfficeJet 6600 long after it was released, it’s better to download the software drivers from 123.hp.com/oj6600 or 123.hp.com/setup 6600
- Now, tilt the printer and lay it on a hard surface.
- Then, pull the printer gently out of the box using the transparent cover on the printer.
- First, take off the caps on the sides of your HP OfficeJet 6600 and slide off the transparent cover on the printer.
- Then, peel off the blue tapes from the front and the rear of the printer surface. Slide up the Paper Input at the back of the printer
- Now, open the Paper Output Tray in the front of the printer and remove the cardboard pieces.
- Next, open the ink cartridge access area behind the front panel and remove the packaging material there. Close both the ink cartridge access area and the ink cartridge access area.
- Then, check for packaging materials by lifting up the scanner glass lid. Remove any packaging materials and close the lid of the printer.
123 HP OfficeJet 6600 Printer Initialization
In order to start the Initialization process, the printer should first be switched on. Follow the steps given below to switch on your printer and start the initialization process.
- Turn the printer around. At its rear, you’ll find USB slots, a slot to connect the power cord and another slot for the phone cord.
- Connect one end of the USB into the power cord and the other end of the slot into the wall outlet. It is recommended that the usage of power strips be avoided in order to avoid power issues caused by the printer.
- Turn on the HP OfficeJet 6600 printer by pressing the power button placed on the left side of the control panel.
- Once the printer is powered on, the power button flickers and the printer starts initializing. Wait for the printer to fall silent.
- Select your language and tap Yes to confirm.
- Select the region in which your printer is located and press Yes again to confirm the selection.
- In the next screen, the printer asks you to select the date after which it asks you to install the ink cartridges.
- Keep reading to find out how to install the ink cartridges.
123 HP OfficeJet 6600 Installing Ink cartridges
- Open the exterior door and then the ink cartridge access door.
- Wait for the ink cartridge slots to reach the center.
- Unwrap the cartridge from the wrapper and remove the transparent film by pulling the orange tab.
- Insert the cartridge into the slot according to colour by gently pushing it up. Make sure that it snaps in place.
When you’ve inserted both the cartridges, close the ink cartridge access door. You can’t install the drivers from 123.hp.com/oj6600 if you haven’t installed the ink cartridges and loaded paper.
123 HP OfficeJet 6600 Loading Unused Paper
- First, raise the Paper Input Tray situated behind the printer and slide the paper width guides to the extreme ends, away from each other.
- Next, align a stack of plain white paper on a table and slide the stack into the Paper Tray.
- Then, adjust the paper width guides such that they only slightly touch the edges of the paper.
- Next, pull out the Paper Output Tray.
- Once the printer has detected that you’ve loaded Paper into the Paper Input Tray, it will print out an alignment sheet.
- Then, place the alignment sheet print side down on the scanner glass and close the scanner glass lid.
- Next, Scan the alignment page by touching OK.
- Finally, click Finish Setup when the prints tells you how to setup Web Services You can download the software from 123.hp.com/oj6600
123 HP OfficeJet 6600 Wireless Setup and Driver Installation
To install the software drivers, you must first connect your printer to the internet. Follow the steps below to connect your printer to the network and install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/oj6600. Disconnect the USB cables from the printer to set it up wirelessly.
- Select the Wireless Setup icon on the printer control panel.
- Now, the Wireless screen will be displayed.
- Then, tap the Settings icon.
- Next, scroll through the list and tap Wireless Setup Wizard.
- After the printer has scanned for networks, it displays a list of networks on the printer control panel.
- Then, select the network that you wish to connect your printer to and enter the password when prompted. As passwords are case-sensitive, make sure that you’ve entered the correct case letters.
- Next, switch on your computer and connect it to the same wireless network as your printer.
- Now, open any browser of your choice and go to hp.com/oj6600
- Then, Click the download button and wait for the download to finish. Click on the software in the download bar to open it.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to setup your printer software. You can customize your software drivers during the installation.
This completes the download and installation of the software drivers from 123.hp.com/oj6600
You can also download the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 6600
123 HP OfficeJet 6600 ePrint service
ePrint helps you send print jobs to your HP OfficeJet 6600 from any location with an active internet connection. Follow the steps given below to setup ePrint services on your printer.
- First, touch the ePrint service icon and then the Setup icon.
- Next, accept HP Connected’s terms and conditions and enable Web services.
- You can choose to install printer updates automatically in the Printer Update screen.
- Once the printer is connected to the internet, it prints out an information page.
- Now, follow the instructions on the page to finish setting up Web Services.
- The information page has your printer’s e-mail address and claim code.
- To send a print job to your printer, open an e-mail application on your system and type in your printer’s e-mail address in the To line.
- Then, attach the document that you wish to print and press Send.
ePrint service can be set up only if the software drivers are downloaded and installed from 123.hp.com/oj6600 or 123.hp.com/setup 6600
123 HP OfficeJet 6600 Clearing Paper Jam
- Gently remove the paper from the Paper Tray.
- Then, check for any objects on the paper path and reload the paper after you’ve cleared the objects on the paper path.
- To clear a paper jam in the Output Tray remove the Paper from the Output Tray and touch OK to continue with the process.
- To clear a paper jam from the ink cartridge access area, switch off the printer and put the Output Tray extender inside the printer. Open the ink cartridge access area and slide the ink carriage towards the center. Remove the jammed paper gently and close the Output tray.
- Uninstall and re-install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/oj6600 or 123.hp.com/setup 6600
To avoid having Paper Jams, make sure that you’re using the right kind of paper and cartridges. Don’t add paper while the printer is printing. Instead, wait until the printer notifies you when you’ve run out of paper.
123 HP OfficeJet 6600 Fixing the ink cartridge
- Switch on the printer if it isn’t switched on already.
- Then, close the Paper Output Tray extender and open the front panel of your HP OfficeJet 6600.
- Next, open the ink cartridge access area and wait until the ink carriage reaches the center.
- Then, remove the faulty ink cartridge from the ink cartridge slot by slightly pressing on it.
- Next, wipe the golden coloured contacts on the cartridges with a swab or a wet cloth.
- Let the cartridge dry for about 10 minutes and insert the cartridge into the cartridge slot again.
- Then, insert the cartridge into the slot again and make sure that it snaps into place.
- Now, uninstall and re-install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/oj6600 or 123.hp.com/setup 6600