123.hp.com/setup 3832 | 123 HP OfficeJet 3832 Features
Armed with high quality printing, faxing and scanning options at an attractive price, the 123 HP OfficeJet 3832 is the ideal candidate for both home and office purposes. The software drivers can be downloaded from 123.hp.com/setup 3832 or 123.hp.com/oj3832.
Other featrures of the Officejet include
• 4-colour (CMYK) inkjet printer.
• Print resolution 1200x1200dpi (enhanced)
• Scanner resolution 1200dpi.
• Fax resolution 200dpi.
• Connectivity – Wi-Fi, USB 2.0, Apple AirPrint.
• 60-sheet input tray, 25-sheet output tray.
• Dimensions 222x454x362mm.
• Weight 5.76kg.
123.hp.com/oj3832 | 123 HP OfficeJet 3832 Unboxing
This section outlines the contents of the box in which your printer was shipped and tells you where to look for possible packaging and remove them.
• Fold back the flaps of the box and remove the power cord, installation CD and other items on top.
• Lay the box such that the printer lies on its bottom side. Using the transparent cover, drag the printer out of the box gently and remove the Styrofoam caps on either sides of the printer.
• Peel away all the tape on the exterior of the printer. The blue tapes are designed to come off easily without leaving any residue on any of the printer surfaces.
• Open the ink access area door, remove the cardboard packaging material from the inside the printer and close both the ink access door and the exterior door.
123 HP OfficeJet 3832 Basic Initialization
To perform the basic initialization process, switch on the printer. To switch on the printer, follow the steps given below:
• Connect one side of the printer power cord to the rear of the printer and the other side into the wall outlet. It is recommended that power strips not be used frequently so that power issues to the printer are avoided.
• Now, switch on the printer by pressing the power button.
• The printer starts initializing and makes some noise during the process. Wait for it to become completely silent.
• The printer control panel then displays a menu that asks you to choose a language. Select the language of your choice by scrolling through the list and then tap Yes to Confirm. Following the same process, set the location of your printer.
• Select and set the date for your printer. Tap Next
• Set the time for your printer and then click Done.
Next, you can proceed to installing the ink cartridges and loading the paper.
123 HP Officejet 3832 Loading Unused Paper
• Raise the Input Tray situated at the back of the printer and slide the paper width guide towards the left.
• Align a stack of unused sheets on a hard surface and slide them down the Input Tray.
• Slide the paper width guide such that it just touches the edge of the stack of paper.
• Slide the output tray outwards and raise the tray extender.
• Touch OK when you’ve completed the process. A configuration page is automatically printed by the printer.
• Once the printing is complete, the confirmation page should be scanned to complete the alignment of the printer.
• Place the confirmation page on the lower side of the scanner glass and Tap OK to finish the alignment process.
Next, you can proceed to download the software from 123.hp.com/setup 3832.
123 HP OfficeJet 3832 Installing Ink Cartridges
To install the ink cartridges, first open the exterior door and the ink cartridge access door. Wait for the ink cartridge door to move to the center. Wait until the printer is silent and then continue with the cartridge installation process.
• Remove the tri-colour cartridge from the wrapper and remove the plastic covering using the orange pull tab. Don’t touch the electrical nozzles or the copper coloured contacts as this might result in bad electrical connections or clogs.
• Insert the tri-colour cartridge into the left slot by pushing it at a slightly angle. Make sure that it fits snugly into place.
• Repeat the same procedure for installing the black cartridge.
As soon as you’ve completed the installation process, close the ink area access door and proceed to loading stacks of plain unused paper. Follow the steps given below in the next section to find out how to load unused papers.
123 HP OfficeJet 3832 Wireless Setup Wizard
The Wireless Setup Wizard sets up your printer in a Wireless Networking environment. Make sure that you have the following things before starting the Wireless Setup Wizard
• Network Name (SSID)
• WPA Passphrase
Once you’ve gathered the information mentioned above, check if both the printer and computer are turned on and connected to the same network.
• If there’s any USB cable is connected to your printer, plug it out of your printer.
• If you’ve already setup your printer using a Wired USB connection, follow the steps given below to change your connection settings from Wired to Wireless,
In the HP folder that is in the list of installed programs, double-click the folder of your printer and click the name of your printer.
Go to the Utilities menu and click Printer Setup & Software Installation.
Click Convert USB connected Printer to Wireless or connect a new Printer and follow the instructions given on-screen to finish the Setup process.
You can skip reading the rest of the guide if you’ve changed your Network connection from Wired to Wireless as the on-screen instruction also comprises of both the Wireless Setup Wizard and the download and installation of the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 3832.
• On the printer control Panel, touch the Wireless Setup Icon. The Wireless screen will be displayed.
• Tap the Settings icon and then the Wireless Setup Wizard. Follow the instructions displayed on the control panel to connect your printer to the Wireless Network.
You can proceed to download and install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 3832.
123 HP OfficeJet 3832 Wireless Protected Setup
WPS helps two devices establish a connection over a wireless network connection. This Setup can only be performed if the software drivers were already downloaded & installed from 123.hp.com/setup 3832 or 123.hp.com/oj3832.
There’s the relatively easier pushbutton method and the pin method to make the Wireless Setup possible and establish a connection between the devices. Make sure that your router supports the Wireless Protected Setup before you can get started. Click to read more about the Wireless Protected Setup.
123 HP Officejet 3832 Software driver and Installation
To install the required printer driver, go to 123.hp.com/setup 3832 and click the Download button. Upon completion of the download, click on the program in the Downloads tab to open it or select Run and wait until the installer extracts the required files from 123.hp.com/setup 3832.
• The HP Easy Start Utility software opens and connects your printer to the network in order to activate and register it. The latest drivers and software are also downloaded and installed from 123.hp.com/setup 3832. Click Continue to proceed.
• Read HP’s terms and conditions carefully and check the button next to Agree to terms and conditions statement. Move on to the next page by clicking Continue. The HP Easy Start Utility then detects the printer.
• If the printer isn’t detected, simply click on the name of your printer.
• HP Auto Wireless Connect must be enabled so that the printer connects to the same wireless network as your computer and applies wireless settings from the computer to your printer.
• Again, go through the terms and conditions and click the checkbox beside agree to the terms and conditions. Now, continue with the installation by clicking Continue.
• The installer connects to the printer and applies wireless settings from the computer to the printer. Click the checkbox to agree to the terms and conditions and move forward by clicking Continue.
• The Instant Ink activation page appears now. Click ‘Yes, Activate’ to accept the three month free trial. Otherwise, Click ‘No Thanks’.
• The printer can be activated and registered at this point by entering the relevant details.
• Specify how you’d like to use the printer and the location of the printer. Click Continue to proceed.
• After this step, HP will automatically check for the latest drivers and software for the printer.
Users can install the full feature software drivers or just the basic drivers for their printers. The basic version only includes basic functions like printing and scanning. The full feature software from 123.hp.com/setup 3832 includes additional functions like I.R.I.S OCR which is useful to convert scanned handwritten documents into text files without having to type the whole thing again.
Once you’ve selected the required option, click Continue to download the software and drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 3832.
• Immediately after the download was complete, the program automatically extracts the required files from 123.hp.com/setup 3832 and opens. Once the program starts running, you can also customize your software selection.
• Read all of HP’s Terms and Conditions and click Next to the Installation Terms and conditions by clicking the checkbox.
• The Installer now downloads the required software from 123.hp.com/setup 3832 and drivers after which it detects and installs the printer connected to the wireless network.
• Select the mode of usage of the printer and enter the location of the printer again. Click Next to finish the software setup for your computer.
• A Web Services Information sheet is printed automatically when the software installation is process has been wrapped up.
• HP will ask if the Instant Ink service must be activated once more if it wasn’t done so previously. Similarly, HP will ask to activate and register the printer once more if it wasn’t before.
This completes the Wireless setup of the HP Officejet 3832 from 123.hp.com/setup 3832.
123 HP OfficeJet 3832 ePrint Setup
HP’s ePrint service largely diminishes the distance between your printer and you by allowing you to print from anywhere around the world as long as there’s an active internet connection. All you have to do is simply send an e-mail to the printer’s e-mail address. The best part is that, ePrint Printer doesn’t require the installation of any software or driver in order to be used and your document and you can easily and effectively manage all your ePrint jobs and queues by using your HP Connected account.
Click to know more about how to perform an ePrint setup on your 123 HP OfficeJet 3832.
123 HP OfficeJet 3832 Google Cloud Print
Print documents and photos from any device that is connected to your printer via a wired or wireless network using Google Cloud Print. Google’s Servers delete your documents once the printing job is complete, therefore making it a secured gateway to print documents. This service doesn’t require any additional software or drivers from HP or Google in order to be used.