123.hp.com/envy5055 | 123 HP Envy 5055 Features
The Envy 5055 impresses with its style quotient, starting with the black box and the packaging that it comes in. With a see through scanner lid and a glass front panel that elevates itself to a 45 degree angle to reveal the paper tray, the Envy is sure to get some looks but it disappoints a tad bit when it comes to the print speed of 2.1 ppm.
The text and graphics print quality is above par but the Envy 5055 is a good bargain with its in built apps that print articles, newspapers or even crosswords at scheduled intervals. You can also print directly from a USB and save paper with the Duplex printing mode. The Envy 5055 is for you if you’re willing to compromise print speed over looks. Download the printer drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 5055 or 123.hp.com/envy5055 .
123 HP Envy 5055 Unboxing
To unbox the printer, lay down the cardboard box containing the printer on the table.
• Open the lid of the box and keep aside the power cord, installation CD and ink cartridges. You can also use this installation CD to install the printer drivers instead of downloading the drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 5055 .
• Lift the printer out of the box and remove the Styrofoam caps on the sides. Now, remove the transparent covering on the printer.
• Remove the blue tapes and the transparent films covering the printer.
• Open the scanner lid and remove the Styrofoam packaging material on the scanner glass.
• Next, open the ink cartridge access area below the scanner glass area.
• Pull out the Paper Input Tray and remove the packaging materials.
Now, you can turn on your printer and start printing your documents.
123 HP Envy 5055 Ink cartridge Installation
- To install the ink cartridges, the printer must be switched on first. Connect one end of the power cord to the printer and the other end into the wall outlet. Power strips shouldn’t be use to prevent power issues to the printer. Switch on the printer by tapping the power button on the front panel.
- If you’ve already installed the ink cartridges and loaded paper, you can proceed to the installation of software from 123.hp.com/setup 5055. To install the ink cartridges, follow the steps given below.
- • Open the ink cartridge access area and the lock lever.
- • Remove the cartridge from the wrapper and remove the transparent film on the copper coloured contacts using the orange pull tab. Don’t touch the nozzles or the copper coloured contacts as they might affect the printer performance.
- • Insert the cartridge into the slot and close the lock lever such that it snaps into place perfectly.
- • To insert the black cartridge into the slot, follow the same steps.
- Once the printer has ascertained that the cartridges installed are genuine, it asks you to load unused paper into the tray.
123 HP Envy 5055 Loading Unused Paper
• In order to load unused paper into the paper tray, tap the Paper Tray icon right beside the Wireless icon.
• The front panel opens and the paper tray slides out.
• Align a stack of papers and insert the papers into the tray and push the tray back in.
• Once the printer has detected that paper has been loaded, it asks whether a test page can be printed.
• To print a test page, select the required option on the control panel.
• Next, you’ll be asked how you’d like to connect your printer.
Connecting your printer wirelessly would be a better option since it allows hassle-free access to various web services. These instructions guide you through the Wireless Setup process. Once you’ve selected Wireless as the mode of connection, the Wireless Setup Wizard can guide you through the Wireless connection process after which you can download the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 5055 .
123 HP Envy 5055 Wireless Setup Wizard
Wireless Setup Wizard helps your printer connect to your wireless router. Before getting started with this Setup, gather your Network Name (SSID) and the password. Also make sure that your router is switched on and within the printer’s detectable range. Check if your computer is connected to the same network as the one that your printer must be connected to. Now, follow the steps given below to setup the Wireless Setup Wizard.
• Once you’ve chosen Wireless as the preferred connection, the printer automatically searches for the available networks in the area and displays them on the control panel.
• Select the name of the network that you wish to connect to and enter the password with the correct case letters.
The printer now attempts to connect to the network. If the name of your network is not found, do the following.
• Try to bring the router closer to the printer so that it can be detected by the printer.
• Enter the name of your network manually using the correct case letters.
If the above method doesn’t work, visit HP’s official support website for more details. You can now learn how to download and install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 5055.
123 HP Envy 5055 Driver Download and Installation
Since the Installation CD might not have the drivers for your operating system if it was updated after the printer release, it is always a good idea to download the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 5055.
• Open a browser and go to 123.hp.com/setup 5055.
• The HP Printer Support website opens. Click the download button and wait for the download to finish.
• Click the software on the download bar of the browser.
• The HP Easy Start Utility opens and begins extracting the required files for your HP Envy 5055.
• HP Easy Start Utility now guides you through the installation process.
Here are some points to be kept in mind during the installation process.
• The printer must be detected automatically during the installation process. In case it isn’t detected, select the name of the printer automatically from the list.
• The software will prompt you to choose between a full feature software download and a basic feature software download. The basic feature software driver only includes basic functionality like printing and scanning.
• Also, make sure that you enable HP Auto Connect so that the system can apply wireless settings from the system to the printer.
• Once the whole installation process is complete, the printer automatically prints a Web Services Information sheet.
This completes the Wireless Setup of your printer from 123.hp.com/setup 5055 or 123.hp.com/envy5055 .
123 HP Envy 5055 Troubleshooting
Sometimes, documents printed might not be of the right standards. Follow the steps given below to fix your printer issues.
• Check if your printer cartridges are genuine HP cartridges. The authenticity of your HP cartridges can be verified by visiting HP’s website.
• Check the ink levels of your cartridge.
• Let your printer rest for a while before giving a print job.
• Make sure that you’re using the right kind of papers for printing. Use only papers that are recommended by HP for the best print quality.
If the problems still persist, contact HP for further support.
123 HP Envy 5055 ePrint service
The HP ePrint service is a secure Web service option that lets you e-mail print jobs to your Multi-functional Printer from any place across the globe. All you have to do is acquire the printer’s e-mail address by tapping on the ePrint icon or set it up and voila, your documents can be printed if you simply mail them to the printer. You can also manage your print jobs and queues using your HP Connected account. This is an attractive web service as it doesn’t require the installation of any other software drivers except for the ones downloaded from 123.hp.com/setup 5055 or 123.hp.com/envy5055 .
123 HP Envy 5055 Wireless Direct
Using the Wireless Direct option, your printer can connect to your mobile device even when it’s not connected to a wireless network. It is different from the Wi-Fi Direct option offered by some HP Printers in that it doesn’t let your mobile device access the internet while your device is connected to the printer whereas the Wi-Fi Direct option lets your device access the internet while it is connected to the printer. To avail the Wireless Direct service you must download an app on your mobile device.