123 HP Envy 5540 Features
The Envy 5540 printer delivers crisp and stunning borderless photos at a reasonable speed. You can also preview your photos on the 2.2 inch mono LCD touch screen. Save large amounts of paper and money with duplex-printing. Print or scan from any device using Web-services as long as there is an active internet connection. Download the software drivers from 123.hp.com/envy5540 .
123.hp.com/setup 5540 – HP Envy 5540 Unboxing
- • Fold back the flaps of the box after removing the tapes that cover them.
- • Remove the power cord, the ink cartridges, the getting started guide and other packaging materials.
- • Tilt the box and slide the printer out of the box using the handles on the transparent plastic cover.
- • Remove the Styrofoam caps on either side, keep aside the printer manual and remove the plastic cover on the printer.
- • Next, start removing all the packaging materials and tapes on the front and the rear of the printer.
- • Open the ink cartridge access area and remove the cardboard materials there as well. Check for any packaging materials before closing the ink access area door again.
- • Open the scanner lid and remove the sheet on the scanner glass area.
- You can now switch on the printer and perform the basic initialization process.
123 HP Envy 5540 Installing Ink Cartridges
Once you’ve tapped Manual Setup, the printer will ask you to install the ink cartridges. Pressing the video icon on the left hand side will play a small but detailed clip on the installation process. However, you could read the instructions given below to get a clearer understanding of the process along with some precautionary measures.
• Remove the cover from both the cartridges and open the ink cartridge access area using the cutouts on the side of the printer.
• Now, open the lock lever lid of the tri-colour cartridge.
• Using the orange tab, peel away the transparent plastic covering the copper-coloured contacts. Make sure to not touch the ink nozzles or the copper-coloured contacts. Touching them might result in bad electrical connections and clogs.
• Insert the tri-colour cartridge into the slot and make sure it snaps into place. Close the lock-lever lid.
Follow the same steps as above for the black cartridge. Once the printer detects that the cartridges have been installed, it asks you to load unused, plain papers. Read on to know how to load unused paper.
123 HP Envy 5540 Loading Unused Paper
• Open the Paper Output Tray Extender. Slide the paper width guides away from each other.
• Align a stack of papers on a hard surface and insert this bunch of papers into the Paper Input Tray.
• Close the printer tray and pull out the Output Tray Extender.
• Next, the printer displays a message saying that it is ready to be aligned. Touch OK
• Once OK is touched, the printer prints a Printer Configuration Page. This page must be scanned to complete the alignment of the printer.
• Alignment tells your printer where to drop ink on the paper so that the output is of the best quality. Open the scanner lid and place the configuration page on the right-hand side of the scanner glass. You can also use the markings on the side as a guide to place the configuration sheet.
• Once you have placed the configuration sheet on the scanner glass, close the scanner lid and touch the Scan button.
Next, the printer control panel will ask you if you’d like to connect the printer wirelessly or using a wired connection. Select Wireless to continue with setup process.
123 HP Envy 5540 Basic Setup Process
The Basic Setup process involves turning on your printer and entering a few details before you can move on to the process of downloading and installing the software from 123.hp.com/envy5540. You can skip this part if you’ve already switched on your printer and entered the relevant details.
• Connect one end of the power cord to the rear of the printer and the other end directly into a wall outlet. The usage of power strips should be kept to a minimum so as to avoid any power issues that might arise with the printer.
• Switch on the printer by pressing the power button. The printer begins initializing and making some noise. Wait until the noise stops.
• Next, the printer control display panel asks you to choose your desired language. Scroll through the list to pick a language of your choice.
• In the next screen, select the country or region in which your printer is located.
The printer then asks you to choose between doing a manual setup and performing a setup with the app. This guide tells you how to get started with the manual setup. Press manual setup to get started.
123 HP Envy 5540 Wireless Setup Wizard
Gather your Network Name (SSID) and password before beginning the setup process. Also turn on the router, printer and computer if they weren’t already turned on. Make sure that the computer is connected to the same network as your printer and plug out any USB or Ethernet cables before starting the Wireless Setup Wizard. The Wireless Setup Wizard helps you connect your HP Printer to the network so that the HP Installer can find your printer during the Wireless Installation process from 123.hp.com/envy5540.
• Tap the Home icon on your Printer control panel and press the Wireless icon.
Return to the home screen by tapping on the Home screen.
•Touch the Wireless Setup Wizard and touch the name of your Wireless network. Touch OK.
123 HP Envy 5540 Software driver Installation
To install the required printer driver, go to 123.hp.com/envy5540 and click the Download button.
• Click on the file on the browser downloads bar to open it or select Run and wait for the installer to extract the required files once the download has been completed.
• Now, the HP Easy Start Utility opens. It connects your printer to the network in order to activate and register it, apart from installing latest drivers and software from 123.hp.com/envy5540. Click Continue to proceed.
• Read all the terms and conditions thoroughly the button next to Agree to terms and conditions statement and move on to the next page by clicking Continue. The Easy Start Utility then detects the printer.
• Next, enable HP Auto Wireless Connect so that the printer gets connected to the same wireless network as your computer.
• The installer then connects to the printer and applies wireless settings from the computer to your printer.
• Click the checkbox to agree to the terms and conditions and move forward by clicking Continue.
• The Instant Ink activation page appears now. Click ‘Yes, Activate’ to accept the three month free trial. Otherwise, Click ‘No Thanks’.
• The printer can be activated and registered at this point by entering the relevant details.
• Specify how you’d like to use the printer and the location of the printer. Click Continue to proceed.
• After this step, HP will automatically check for the latest drivers and software for the printer.
Users can install the full software and drivers or the Basic drivers for their printers. The basic version only includes basic functions. The full feature software from 123.hp.com/envy5540 includes additional functions apart from printing and scanning. It is recommended that users install the full software and drivers in order to reap the full functionality of the printer. After selecting the required option, click Continue to download the software and drivers from 123.hp.com/envy5540.
• After the download is complete, the program will automatically extract the required files and open. Once the program opens, you can also customize your software selection.
• Click Next, read and agree to the Installation Terms and conditions by clicking the checkbox.
• The required software and drivers are now downloaded by the installer from 123.hp.com/envy5540 after which it detects and installs the printer connected to the wireless network.
• Select how the printer will be used i.e, home or office and enter the location of the printer again. Click Next to finish the software setup for your computer.
• A Web Services Information sheet is printed automatically by the printer when the software installation is complete.
• HP will ask if the Instant Ink service must be activated once more if it wasn’t done so previously. Similarly, HP will ask to activate and register the printer once more if it wasn’t before.
HP Connected will open automatically once the Setup is complete. This can then be used to activate E-print and other web services. This completes the download and the installation of software drivers from 123.hp.com/envy5540 .
123 HP Envy 5540 ePrint Setup
HP’s ePrint service lets you print from anywhere around the world as long as there’s an active internet connection by just sending an e-mail to the printer’s e-mail address. HP Connected account helps you manage your print jobs easily and effectively. What’s more, it doesn’t require the installation of additional software or drivers.
Although the ePrint Setup makes printing easier, note that the text style, formatting and text flow might differ from the original document. ePrint services can be enabled on your HP Envy 4500 printer by enabling Web Services. Click to know more about how to perform an ePrint setup on your HP Envy 4500.
123 HP Envy 5540 Wi-Fi Protected Setup
The Wireless Protected Setup can be performed only if the software drivers were already downloaded & installed from 123.hp.com/envy5540 or 123.hp.com/setup 5540. WPS enables two devices to be connected over a wireless connection.
There’s the relatively easier pushbutton method and the pin method to make the Wireless Setup possible and establish a connection between the devices. Make sure that your router supports the Wireless Protected Setup before you can get started and click to read more about the Wireless Protected Setup.
123 HP Envy 5540 Google Cloud Print
Google Cloud Print helps you print documents and photos from any device that is connected to your printer via a wired or wireless network. Google’s Servers delete your documents once the printing job is complete so you don’t have to make any compromises on security while printing documents. This service doesn’t require any additional software or drivers from HP or Google in order to be used.