123.hp.com/setup 6255 | 123 HP Envy 6255 Features
At first glance, the HP Envy 6255 is just a sleek black box with no visible scanner lid, paper tray or even a power button. A closer glance shows that the scanner lid is see through and made of glass which means you can see the whole scanning process. The front panel is also made of glass and elevates itself to a 45 degree angle when switched on. Though the HP Envy 6255 is a suave model designed to impress merely with its looks.
It disappoints just a little bit when it comes to print speed which ranges around 2.1 ppm. The print quality for both text and graphics are merely satisfactory .But the printer is not all that bad with its Duplex printing mode and option to print directly from USB or memory cards. The HP Envy 6255 is the perfect choice if you prefer stylish looks and a decent print speed. Download the software drivers from 123.hp.com/envy6255 or from 123.hp.com/setup 6255 so that you can enjoy full-functionality of your printer.
123 HP Envy 6255 Unboxing
With the HP Envy 6255 printer, it seems as though the stylishness is not just limited to the printer as the box that it comes in gives off a classy briefcase feel with the black colour and the handle on top. Keep reading to find out where to look for packaging materials and remove them.
• Open the lid of the box and lay it on the table.
• Lift the cover of the box and remove the black cardboard box and the cartridges on the side. The cardboard box has a power cord, installation CD and ink cartridges. This Installation CD can also be used to install the software drivers instead of downloading the software drivers from 123.hp.com/envy6255
• Take the printer out of the box, remove the packaging materials on the sides and gently slide away the printer from the transparent plastic cover.
• Peel away all the blue tapes and the transparent films on all the surfaces of the printer.
• Next open the scanner area and remove the Styrofoam sheet placed on the scanner glass. Close the scanner lid again
• Open the ink cartridge access area beneath the scanner area and remove the packaging materials. Close the ink access area again.
• Pull out the Paper Input Tray and check for any packaging materials. Remove the packaging materials if any and push the paper width guides away from each other.
Now your printer can be switched on and aligned.
123 HP Envy 6255 Installing Ink cartridges
- To install the ink cartridges, the printer must first be switched on. Take the printer power cord from the black cardboard box that you kept aside and connect one end into the rear of the printer and the other end into a wall outlet. Avoid using power strips to prevent power issues. Switch on the printer by using the touch sensitive power button on the front panel.Once the printer is switched on, you can begin installing the ink cartridges. If you’ve already installed the ink cartridges and loaded unused papers into the tray, you can skip to the section titled Software driver download and installation which will tell you how to download and install the software from 123.hp.com/envy6255.
- • Open the ink cartridge access area and open the ink cartridge lock lever.
- • Tear away the wrapper from the cartridge and using the orange pull tab; gently peel away the transparent film on the copper coloured contacts. Do not touch the copper coloured contacts or the ink nozzles as it might result in bad electrical connections.
- • Insert the cartridge into the correct slot and close the lock lever such that the cartridge snaps into place.
- • Repeat the same procedure for the remaining cartridge.
- The printer now checks if the cartridges installed are genuine and then asks you to load unused paper into the paper tray.
123 HP Envy 6255 Loading Unused Paper
To load unused Paper into the Paper Tray, touch the Paper Tray icon next to the Wireless LED icon. The front panel then opens and the tray slides out.
• Align a stack of paper on the hard surface and insert the stack of paper into the tray.
• Once you’ve inserted the stack of paper into the tray, press the Paper Tray icon again.
The paper tray slides in and the front panel closes again. The test page will have some useful information regarding your printer so you can save it for later use. Next, the printer will ask how you’d like to connect your printer. This Setup guide tells you how to connect your printer wirelessly. Read the next section to find out how to connect your printer to the system wirelessly.
123 HP Envy 6255 Wireless Setup Wizard
Wireless Setup Wizard helps your printer connect to the network that your system is connected to. You can either use the Wi-Fi Protected Setup (details are given towards the end) or the Wireless Setup Wizard to connect your printer to the wireless network. Gather your network name (SSID) and the WPA passphrase and password before you begin with the Wireless network.
• Once you’ve chosen the type of connection as Wireless, the control panel automatically searches for networks nearby. Make sure that your router is switched on and within the detectable range of the printer.
• Select the name of the network that you want to connect to and enter the password. Enter the password with the correct case letters as passwords are case-sensitive. The printer now attempts to connect to the network.
If your printer is already connected to your network using a wired connection, you can visit HP’s support website to learn how to change the Wired connection to a Wireless connection. If the printer hasn’t detected the network, try entering the name of your network manually using the on-screen keyboard. Like passwords, network names are case sensitive too so make sure that you enter the correct network name. You can now proceed to download and install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/envy6255.
123 HP Envy 6255 Software Driver and Installation
It’s always a better idea to download and install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/envy6255 as the Installation CD might not have the latest software driver version if you’re a new version of an operating system comes out after you’ve bought the printer. Follow the steps given below to download and install the software drivers for you HP Envy 6255
• Open a browser of your choice and go to 123.hp.com/envy6255
• Click the download button. Once the download has been completed, click on the HP Easy Start Utility situated on the download bar of the browser.
• HP Easy Start Utility now begins extracting the required files.
• Follow the instructions on screen to complete the Driver installation.
During the installation process, your printer should be automatically detected by the computer connected to the same network as your printer. Otherwise, simply select the name of your printer from the list. Make sure that you’ve also enabled the HP Auto Connect option so that all the wireless settings are applied from the computer to your printer.
123 HP Envy 6255 Troubleshooting
If your printer is running into issues, this troubleshooting guide will help you fix these issues. If the print quality wasn’t as expected, try one or all of the following steps to fix the issue.
• Check if you’re using genuine HP cartridges. Always use genuine HP cartridges to ensure that the print quality is high. The authenticity of your HP cartridges can be verified by visiting HP’s anti-counterfeit website.
• Check the ink levels in your cartridge and replace them if they are empty
• Simply let the printer rest for about 30 minutes before you assign the same printing job to your printer again.
• Place the paper in the correct orientation on the Paper Tray and use the right kind of papers that are recommended by HP to print your documents. Don’t use papers that have wrinkles and make sure that you store photo papers in a re sealable plastic bag.
Visit HP’s official website to troubleshoot the printing issues if they persist
123 HP Envy 6255 ePrint service
The ePrint service is for Web enabled HP printers. It lets you send print jobs to your printer from anywhere with an active internet connection. Once the print job is sent to your printer’s e-mail id, it automatically prints documents when switched on. You can also effectively manage your printer’s print jobs using your HP Connect account. Although you can’t mail files that exceed 10 MB to your printer, not having to install extra drivers apart from the ones downloaded and installed from 123.hp.com/envy6255 makes this an attractive Web Service option.
123 HP Envy 6255 Wireless Direct
HP Envy 6255’s wireless direct connection lets any kind of Wi-Fi enabled device connect to your printer without getting connected to the Wi-Fi but an app must be downloaded in order to use this feature. It should be noted that the Wireless Direct feature will not let you use the internet while being connected to the printer. The Wireless Direct can connect up to 5 devices at a time.
123 HP Envy 6255 Google Cloud Print
The Google Cloud Print service is another web-based service similar to the ePrint service that only requires a Gmail address, chrome browser and your cloud-based Envy 6255 printer. You can send print jobs to your printer irrespective of the type of connection (Wired or Wireless). Google’s servers automatically delete the documents so there will be no issues of security breach.