Hp DeskJet 2600 Ink cartridge
A disposable container that has ink. The HP deskjet 2600 ink cartridge come in two types black and colored where the cyan, magenta and yellow are combined together to get different colors.
There are some of the following steps which is related to the Hp Deskjet 2600 Ink cartridge,
Step 1: Loading the paper
- Ensure that you have loaded the paper into the input tray of your Hp DeskJet 2600 printer before starting the alignment process
- Elevate the input tray and place the paper width guide to the left
- Load a batch of paper into the input tray
- Move the paper width guide to the right to make it rest at the edge
- Keep the output tray lower and pull out the tray extender
Step 2: Replacing the ink cartridge
You can easily replace the ink cartridge by following these instructions. Use ink cartridge status of the front panel to get the information about the ink cartridges.
- Switch on your Hp DeskJet 2600 printer. Keep the output tray lower and hold on to the handle inside the printer.
- Make sure that the printer is at laze and silent before starting the process.
- To release the ink cartridge press it down and release it and pull it out.
- Take the ink cartridge out of its package and cautiously remove the black plastic on the ink cartridge.
- Take out the plastic tape and hold the ink cartridge by using its side and insert into the slot. Carefully push it into the slot.
- Repeat the above instructions to ink other ink cartridge.
- Make sure that you have closed the ink cartridge access door after completing the process.
Step 3: Align the ink cartridge
- Ink cartridge alignment is an essential feature to ensure that you get the best quality printing of your Hp DeskJet 2600 printer.
- Elevate the scanner lid and place the alignment page down on the scanner glass and position it based on the engraved guides around the glass.
- Close the scanner lid and click start copy black button or start copy color button on the Hp DeskJet 2600 printer control panel.
Fixing Carriage Jam
- Follow these instructions when there is a jam in the carriage and attention light on the control panel blinks.
- Reset the printer: Sometimes the problem can be easily resolved by resetting the printer. Turn on the printer and disconnect the power cord from the Hp DeskJet 2600 printer and the power board.
- Wait for 15 seconds and reconnect the power cord. Check whether the issue is resolved.
- Clear the jams inside the paper tray: Turn off the Hp DeskJet 2600 printer and remove the power cord and USB cable.
- Remove the jammed paper gently out of the input tray.
- Use the flashlight to check for the paper pieces inside the tray. Since it may cause further jams.
- Check whether carriage can move freely: Turn on the printer and open the cartridge access door. Disconnect the power cord from the printer and the power source.
- Look inside the Hp DeskJet 2600 printer and check for the obstruction that prevents moving. Make sure that you check rollers and wheelers for a torn piece of papers.
- Slide the ink cartridge to the left and check for obstructions on the right side. Likewise, move the cartridge to the right and check for obstructions on the left side.
- Reconnect the power cord. Try to print directly from the printer’s control panel.
- Improper installation or placement of ink cartridge: Switch on the Hp DeskJet 2600 ink cartridge printer and open the cartridge access door. Take the cartridge by pressing it down.
- Don’t touch electrical contact and nozzle since it may cause clogs, ink failure and poor electrical connection.
- Check the area around the cartridge for obstructions. Insert the ink cartridge in their area and close the ink cartridge access door.
- Try printing a page. If the issue is not resolved continue to the next step.
- Checking with the power source: Turn off the printer by pressing the power button. Disconnect the power cord from the Hp DeskJet 2600 printer and the power source.
- Plug the power cord directly to the power outlet on the wall. Reconnect the other end to the printer. Turn on the printer.
- Try to print directly from the printer’s control panel.
- If the issue is not resolved after following all these steps. Your Hp DeskJet 2600 ink cartridge printer needs some type of service.