123.hp.com/setup 4501 | 123 HP Envy 4501 Features
The HP Envy 4501 is a multi-function printer that performs printing, copying and scanning functions either from your system or from your mobile devices. Apart from printing normal documents on various types of media, you can also print graph papers and music sheets at a great print quality. The printer can be connected either via USB, Wireless connection or Wi-Fi Direct but in order to do so, you must download the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 4501 or 123.hp.com/envy4501. Read on to know more about the features of the HP Envy 4501
Paper Input Tray capacity: 125 sheets
Photo Paper capacity: 55 sheets
Print speed (Draft quality): 22 ppm (Black)
Print speed (Draft quality): 21 ppm (colour)
Connection type: USB, Wi-Fi, Wi-Fi Direct
Duty cycle: 1000 pages per month
123.hp.com/envy4501 | 123 HP Envy 4501 Unboxing
Upon opening the printer box, here’s what you’ll find :
- Power cord
- Manual and Guides
- Ink cartridges
- Installation CD
- A sample of HP Advanced photo paper.
- Ink caution sheet
You can use the Installation CD to install the software driver instead of downloading it from 123.hp.com/setup 4501 or 123.hp.com/envy4501
- Next, remove the cardboard material placed below these items.
- Lay the printer on a hard surface such that its bottom faces the table.
- Next, take the printer out of the box by pulling the transparent plastic covering and remove the Styrofoam caps on the sides.
- Next, slide the printer out of the cover and remove the Styrofoam caps on the sides.
- Now, peel away all the blue tapes on the surface of the printer.
- Open the scanner lid and remove the Styrofoam sheet on the scanner glass.
- Now, close the scanner glass lid.
- Remove the transparent film on the reflective surface at the front and the HP logo on top.
- Peel away the sticker on the control panel.
- Open the ink cartridge access area and paper tray, one after the other and check for packaging materials.
This completes the unboxing of the HP Envy 4501
123 HP Envy 4501 Initial Setup
123 HP Envy 4501 Ink Cartridge Installation
- Take out the power cord and connect one end to the rear of the printer and the other end into the wall outlet. Avoid power strips as they might result in power issues when the printer is used.
- Switch on the printer by pressing the power button
- Once the printer is switched on, wait for it to initialize and quiet down.
- Next, select the region or location in which your printer is located by scrolling through the list.
This completes the Initial Setup of your HP Envy 4501 printer
To install ink cartridges, follow the steps given below
- Open the ink cartridge access area.
- Unwrap the tri-colour cartridge and peel away the transparent film on the copper coloured contacts by pulling the orange tab.
- Insert the cartridge into the slot by sliding it a slightly upward angle until it snaps into place.
- Repeat the same procedure to insert the black cartridge into the slot.
You cannot install the drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 4501 if you haven’t installed the ink cartridges.
123 HP Envy 4501 Printer Alignment
Aligning the printer tells it where to drop ink so that the print quality is the best. To align the printer, it should be loaded with paper first. Follow the steps below to align the printer.
- Open the paper Input Tray and slide the photo tray inside.
- Slide the paper width guides away from each other.
- Align a stack of plain, unused papers and insert them into the Paper Tray.
- Slide the paper tray back inside.
- Once the printer has detected that you have loaded unused papers into the Paper Tray, it will automatically print a printer test page.
- The test page should now be scanned. Open the scanner glass lid and place the page on the corner of the scanner glass lid.
- Close the scanner glass lid and tap OK.
- Once the scanning is complete, the printer displays an alignment successful message on the control panel.
Visit HP’s website if the alignment wasn’t completed successfully. Once you’ve connected the printer to the internet, you can download and install the software from 123.hp.com/setup 4501 or 123.hp.com/envy4501
123 HP Envy 4501 Wireless Print Setup
- Once the alignment successful page is displayed, tap OK to connect your printer to the internet.
- In the next screen, a prompt to install software drivers from the internet is displayed. Tap More.
- The next screen gives more information on the setup process from hp.com/setup 4501. Tap Manual Setup to continue with the process.
- The control panel then asks you if the printer is going to be connected using a USB connection or Wireless connection.
- Choose Network to setup your printer wirelessly and No Network to setup your printer using a USB connection.
This setup tells you how to setup your printer wirelessly.
- Once you’ve touched Network, the printer will automatically begin to search for networks within a certain range.
- When you find the name of the network, tap on its name and touch OK so that you can enter the network password.
- Use the on-screen keyboard to enter the password.
- Press Done when you’re finished.
- The printer will now attempt to connect to the network. Once it is connected to the network, a connection successful message is displayed.
- The control panel then asks if you want to enable Web Services. HP’s Web services let you send print jobs even when you’re countries away from your printer.
- Press Later and choose a printer update option.
- Next, choose OK when HP asks to collect some data.
- Next, choose the printer usage location and how the printer will be used.
Now, you can download and install the printer software from 123.hp.com/setup 4501
123 HP Envy 4501 Software Download and Installation
- Open your browser and go to hp.com/setup 4501
- Enter the model number of your printer.
- Click the Download button and wait for the download to finish.
- Once the download has been completed, click on the software to open it.
- It shows a list of softwares that are going to be installed.
- The HP Easy Start Utility detects your printer and performs a file extraction.
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions when necessary.
- Choose full feature software driver or basic driver according to the necessity.
- Follow any prompts on-screen to complete the installation process.
This completes the download and installation of the software from 123.hp.com/setup 4501 or 123.hp.com/envy4501
123 HP Envy 4501 ePrint service
ePrint lets you send print jobs from any place with an active internet connection. Note that your documents must be less than 10 MB and the formatting of the document might be changed. You must have downloaded and installed the software from 123.hp.com/setup 4501 or 123.hp.com/envy4501 in order to use the ePrint service.
- Go to the HP Printer control panel and touch HP Printables.
- Tap enable Web services and touch Yes.
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions. Tap accept to agree to the terms of Web service and enable Web services.
- In the printer auto-update screen, touch Yes if you want the printer to automatically check for updates.
- When the printer is connected to the HP server, it immediately prints an information sheet.
- The instructions displayed on the screen will help you finish enabling Web services.
- To start using the ePrint services, touch the ePrint icon on the printer screen.
- Accept the usage terms and follow the instructions displayed on the control panel to enable Web services.
- Now, your printer’s e-mail id will appear on the control panel.
- To send your printer a print job, simply e-mail your document to your printer e-mail address with a subject line.
123 HP Envy 4501 Air Print
- Make sure that both your printer and router are switched on.
- Open the photo, document, e-mail or webpage that you wish to print.
- Tap the share icon and then the print icon.
- In the options menu of the printer, touch Select Printer and from the list, select HP Envy 4501.
- If you have to change some settings, do so using the options menu.
- Select the number of copies that need to be printed and tap Print.