HP Envy Printer Setup & Support
HP Envy Printers are stylish and also provide great functionality. This page will tell you how to download and install the software drivers for your HP Printer from 123.hp.com/setup. You’ll also get answers to some Frequently Asked Questions like “how do I reset the printer?” and “how to scan”
HP Envy Photo Printers
123.hp.com/setup | HP Envy Printer Unboxing
The Unboxing process varies according to the model of your Envy Printer. However, there are some common steps that you must follow to remove the packaging materials. If you want a detailed unboxing process for a specific printer, click on the name of your printer in this page.
- First, remove the tapes on the cardboard flaps so that you can get the printer and its accessories out of the box.
- Then, take out the ink cartridges, power cord, setup guide, etc that are placed on top of the printer.
- Next, lay the printer box on a hard surface and gently drag the printer out of its cardboard box by pulling out the transparent cover.
- If there are installation CDs or manuals on the printer, remove them and keep them aside. You can use the Installation CDs to install the printer software instead of downloading the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup.
- Then, remove the plastic film or transparent covering on the printer and peel away all the blue tapes that you see on the surface.
- Next, open the Scanner glass lid and check if there’s a Styrofoam sheet. Remove the sheet if you find any and close the scanner lid again.
- Then, open the ink cartridge access area and remove the packaging materials kept there.
- Lastly, close the ink cartridge access door or front panel depending on your printer model and slide out the Paper Input Tray.
- If you find any packaging materials in the Paper Input Tray, remove them and close the Tray.
This completes the unboxing process of your HP Envy printer.
In the next section you’ll learn how to switch on and initialize your HP Envy printer.
HP Envy Printer Initialization
The initialization process is pretty much the same for all the HP Envy printers out there. Follow the steps given below to switch on and initialize your printer.
- First, take the power cord and connect one of its ends into the rear of the printer.
- Next, connect the other end of the power cord into the wall outlet.
- Then, press the power button to switch on the printer. It might start making some noise so wait for it to calm down.
- Once the printer is switched on, wait for a few seconds for the screen to display the language settings screen.
- In the language screen, select the language of your choice and confirm the selection.
- Next, select the region in which your printer is located and tap Yes to confirm.
- The printer will now ask you to set the date. Once you’ve set the date, it’ll ask you to set the time on printer.
This completes the installation of the HP Envy printer
HP Envy Ink cartridge Installation
To install the ink cartridges, follow the steps below
- First, open the ink cartridge access door and wait for the ink cartridge slots to reach the center.
- Next, take any one of the ink cartridge and unwrap it. Then, remove the orange tab on the copper-colored contacts without touching the contacts itself. If you touch the contacts, it might lead to bad electrical connections and poor print quality.
- Next, insert the cartridge into the correct slot such that the copper-coloured contacts face the insides of the ink-cartridge slots.
- If the ink cartridge slots have lids on them, open the lock-lever lids before you insert the cartridge into the slot. Once you’ve inserted the ink cartridge into the slot, close the lid such that the cartridge snaps into place.
- In case your ink cartridge slot doesn’t have a lid, insert the cartridge into the slot and push it upwards slightly such that it fits into place.
- Similarly, insert the other cartridge into the slot according to the colour on it.
This completes the installation of ink cartridges. Next, you’ll have to align the printer. In case you’ve already installed the ink cartridges and loaded paper, you can also learn how to connect your printer wirelessly and install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup.
HP Envy Printer Alignment
Printer alignment helps the printer learn where it must spray ink on the paper to get the best print quality. Follow the steps below to learn how to align the printer.
- First, slide out the Paper Input Tray and move the paper width guides far apart from each other.
- Then, align a bunch of plain A4 sheets on a hard surface.
- Next, insert the stack of papers into the Tray. Close the Paper Input Tray.
- The printer either detects the sheet of papers automatically or you might have to tap the OK button on the Insert Paper screen.
- Either way, once the printer detects the sheets, it’ll automatically print out an alignment sheet.
- You must also scan this sheet to finish the alignment process.
- First, open the scanner glass lid and place the alignment sheet, print-side down on the scanner glass.
- Then, close the scanner lid and tap OK on the printer control panel to start with the alignment process.
- Once the alignment process is complete, recycle the alignment sheet.
You should connect your HP Envy printer wirelessly so that you can download the required software drivers.
HP Envy Printers Wireless Setup Wizard
- First, go the home screen of your printer and choose the Wireless option.
- Then touch the Wireless icon. The control panel now displays the Wireless screen.
- Next, tap the Settings icon. You’ll see the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Then, the printer will scan the surroundings for Wireless Networks.
- Next, choose which wireless network you’d like to connect to.
- Now, your Deskjet Printer will ask you to enter the network password.
- Then, enter the password using the keyboard provided on the display. Once you’ve entered the password tap Connect to connect to the Wireless network.
In the next section, you’ll learn how to download and install software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup.
HP Envy Printers Driver Installation
- First, switch on your computer and make sure that it is connected to the same network as your printer.
- Next, open any browser on your computer and go to 123.hp.com/setup
- Enter the name of your Envy Printer and the model number into the search bar and press the Enter.
- Then, press the Download button on the screen and wait for HP Easy Start Utility to download.
- Right click on the program and click Run or click on it once to get it running.
- Now, all you have to do is follow the instructions on the screen to finish installing the HP Printer Software.
This completes the download and installation of the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup
NOTE: If you’re asked to choose between basic software drivers and full-feature software drivers, you should stick to choosing the full feature software drivers because they’ll let you use all of your printer’s features.
HP Envy Printer How to Reset the Printer
- Switch on your HP Envy Printer.
- If you’ve already switched on your printer, pull out the power cord on the rear.
- Then, plug out the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Let the printer sit for about a minute.
- Then, plug the power cord back into the printer and wall outlet.
- Next, switch on the printer again.
123.hp.com/setup | HP Envy How to Scan documents
- First, open the scanner glass lid and place the document print-side down on the scanner glass.
- Then, close the scanner glass lid and go to the home screen of your printer control panel.
- Lastly, tap the Scan button from the printer control panel.
Once your HP Envy Printer scans your document, it’ll save the scanned file to the computer.
If your computer is faraway from your printer, you’ll have to go back and forth to scan documents if you want to use special features like scan to mail.
So, follow the steps below to setup scan from your control panel.
- First, double-click the HP All-in-one icon.
- A window now appears. In the window, click scanner actions.
- Then, click Activate Scan to Computer.
- Once the setup is complete, note down the name of your computer.
- In the next step, select the name of your computer.
- Then, select the Scan shortcut that you want and tap Scan in the next screen.
The scan process will now be done.