HP Installation and Setup Wizard
The installation and primary setup of HP printer is given below. Follow the steps for easy installation. The contents in the printer package may vary by country/region. Check and compare the products that are listed in the package. The HP printer install wizard setup is continues as follows.
HP Installation and Setup Wizard
- Remove the printer from the box and unbox all the packing materials from the printer. The packing materials are also present inside the box.
- Remove the materials after opening the scanner lid. Open the scanner lid to remove the packing materials and cardboard from the scanner.
- You have to send the packing materials to the recycling department. You should be care
Loading Paper into the tray
- Push the photo tray and pull the input tray to open it. Slide out the paper width guides and insert the stack of paper in the tray until the paper stops.
- Check whether you have inserted the paper correctly and you should insert papers more than the yellow line mentioned in the sides of printer as the paper limit.
- The paper width should rest in the edges of the paper. Push the input tray to lock it into place otherwise paper jam might occur.
- you can change the tray, paper size, and paper type settings if different from the paper you previously loaded, When the Have You Changed the Paper?screen displays or to keep the previous settings touch
- After inserting the paper and making settings, you have to close the input tray. Otherwise the control panel will instruct you to close the input tray by displaying the message.
Ink cartridge installation
- Install the ink cartridges into the printer. Click Change Ink to view the demonstration of cartridge installation when you are prompted.
- Open the cartridge access door. You will notice the Door Open screen on the control panel with an alert of the open door.
- Close the door to proceed the setup. Remove one of the cartridge from the package and touch only the black plastic on the cartridge.
- Remove the orange tape. Slide the new cartridge inside the printer in a way that the tri-color cartridge is placed in the left slot and black cartridge in the right slot.
- Repeat the same steps for installing new cartridges. Close the cartridge access door and continue to move on to next steps.
- For alignment settings, touch the printer maintenance and Align Printer after clicking the Setup on the control panel.
- Follow the instructions that appear on the screen for completing the alignment setup. If you did not align the paper properly, the print may not look good.
- Complete the printer installation wizard and move on to the printer software installation.
Power Cord Connection and Control Panel Settings
- Turn on the printer after making the power cord connections. The power cord connections should be made appropriately given.
- One of the end of the power cord should be connected to the rear of the printer and other end of the printer should be connected to the electrical power outlet.
- Set your preferences like language, region, time and date in the control panel. Click Continue after touching your language on the control panel.
- Click Continue after clicking country/region. Click Continue after setting the month, day, and year. Click continue again to set the time and date.
Printer Software Installation
The printer software can be installed by using the installation CD which contains the software that is shipped along with your printer.
Otherwise you can download the software from the official website http://123.hp.com where you will have the most updated software for download.
After visiting the site, enter your model number and you will be directed to the main page of the model. Install the full feature software driver to get and utilize all the functionalities of your printer model