HP Officejet 4650 Printer Quick Start Guide
HP OfficeJet printer series are widely used in many industries such as small and large scale business enterprises. The OfficeJet 4650 printer has an advanced wireless network communication. New web printing technologies are considered to be an added advantage. The HP OfficeJet 4650 printers are affordable and energy efficient.
Two-sided printing(duplexing), AirPrint setup, automatic document feeder(ADF), monthly duty cycle, ePrint capabilities, mobile printing solutions and colorful touch screens you can use the colorful touchscreen to manage your tasks comfortably and use shortcuts are the main features and specifications of the HP OfficeJet Printers. In short, HP OfficeJet printers provide high-quality printing with long lasting battery life.
HP Officejet 4650 Printer Setup
If you are installing the HP Officejet 4650 printer for the first time and you have to follow the below given procedure carefully.
- Remove the printer from the box and remove all the packing materials that are present both inside and outside the printer.
- Connect one end of the power cord to the rear of the printer and other end of the power cord to an electrical outlet.
- Turn on your printer by pressing the power button. Insert the paper into the input tray, by opening it
- Set your preferences like country/region, language, date and time using the control panel
- Open the printer door and also the ink cartridge door. Push the tri-color ink cartridge into the left slot and black cartridge into the right slot of the cartridge.
- Insert the cartridge into its place and close the access door. The printer calibrates and the cartridge alignment page will print after alignment settings.
- Download the HP printer software from the official HP website 123.hp.com/oj4650 and install it by following the instructions that appear on the screen
HP OfficeJet 4650 Wireless Printer Setup
- Gather the network requirements like SSID and your network password. Do not connect the USB or Ethernet cable during the printer setup
- Make sure that the printer and computer are turned on. The printer and computer should be on the same wireless network
- It is recommended to use the broadband internet access and turn on the printer using power button.
- Download the latest version of printing software for HP OfficeJet printer and install it on your printer software by following the on-screen instructions.
- Click the Settings icon on the printer and click the Wireless icon on your control panel to connect the printer to the wireless network.
- You can select any option like fax, copy, scan or print from the control panel and click OK button. The printer is now connected to the wireless network.
HP OfficeJet 4650 Mac setup
Check for the network requirement before starting the networking configuration. The requirements are device with Mac ver 10.6 or later version and a printer that is connected with either a wireless or wired network.
Click the Wireless icon on your printer control panel and click the Settings. After clicking the icon, continue by clicking the Wireless Settings. Now you have to click the Wireless Setup Wizard and continue by clicking the network you prefer using the Preferred Network option.
Now add your preferred network and the password for your preferred network. You have to wait for the confirmation message and verification
Print a Test print or network report page is the next step after adding your preferred network. In the system preferences that appear in Apple menu, you have to select the Print and Fax from Hardware Section.
Click the (+) icon if you want to add your printer. Install it by clicking continue. Start by printing a test page. Your connection is successful if your printer prints a page.
HP Officejet 4650 Windows Setup
Before setting up the windows setup, check for the compatibility of the operating system as the HP OfficeJet printers models support different operating systems like Windows XP and later version of the windows or any other Windows version. Your printer should be connected to the active network connection. It may be a wired or wireless network, no matter what.
Go to the Wi-Fi icon on your printer’s display. Click Settings iconàWireless Settingsàwireless setup wizardàPreferred Network and enter your preferred network and its password. Check whether your connection is successful and print a test page or network report page.
To connect your Windows operating system to HP printer, you have to select the Devices and printers from the control panel and click Add Printer. Install the printer and give a test print.