HP OfficeJet Pro 6830 Printer Setup
Setup your OfficeJet Pro 6830 printer by following the below given instruction. Before proceeding, you have to compare the items listed in the package and the accessories that are inside the package. Make sure that all the accessories mentioned in the package is available as the products may vary by country/region. After that unpack your printer to remove the packing material, connect your power cords, set your preferences, load the input tray with stack of paper, install ink cartridges. After the hardware setup, move on to the software installation by downloading and installing.
Power cord connections
Ink cartridge installation
- Unpack the printer from the box to start working with your HP OfficeJet Pro 6830 All-in-One Printer.
- Remove all the tapes, stickers and packing materials from outside and inside the printer.
- To remove the packing materials from the inside of the printer, open the scanner lid and lift it.
- You should also remove the packing materials from output tray for easy installation and check whether you have dispersed all the materials as they may damage your printer while running.
- Close the scanner lid and output tray. Send the packing materials to recycle.
- It is recommended to disconnect the USB cable when you are connecting the power cord and installing the software. Connect one end of the power cord to the rear of the printer and other end to power source.
- Switch on the printer and computer. Check whether the printer is in working state.
- On the printer control panel, set your preferences by clicking on language and country/region. Click Yes to confirm your choice. You can also change the date and time.
- Remove the packing material and install the cartridges by opening the cartridge access door.
- You have to turn the ink cartridge so that the ink cartridge contacts face downward, and then match the label color with the color dot on the carriage.
- Place the ink cartridge in its slot and repeat the same steps for all the other cartridges.
Load the paper
Printing the alignment page
- Load the stack of A4 papers into the tray by pulling the input tray towards you and adjust the paper width guide.
- Place a stack of paper in the input tray until it stops and the paper width guide should rest against the edges of the paper.
- You have to align the printer. Pull out the tray extender, and then touchOK.
The alignment page gets printed and eject it from the printer. Lift the scanner lid and place the alignment page with the print side down on the scanner glass. Position it accordingly around the glass, close the scanner lid and click Scan
Download the most current version of the software from the website hp.support.cm or 123.hp.com .
Enter your printer model number and you will be directed to the product home page. Click the download option. You can select either full feature software or the basic driver. The full feature software driver consists of everything that comes with the printer. You can also download the only the basic printer driver. Wait for instructions and finish the installation process