Print a Network Configuration Page
If you are trying to print a network configuration page or the self test page using your Deskjet or Deskjet Ink advantage printer, follow the below instructions. This documents also contains guidelines for printing a test page, printer status report, print quality diagnostic report, wireless network test report and of course, network configuration page too.
Printing a Network Configuration page
To print a network configuration page, check whether you have switched on the printer and computer. Your computer and the printer should be on the same network. Keep both the devices closer to avoid unnecessary obstacles in between them
You have to press the Wireless button and the information button simultaneously in the control panel. You will notice that the network configuration page and a wireless network test report print one after another.
Print a Wireless Network Test Report
Wireless Test Report is important when you are using the wireless network connection in your printer as the report may contain information which is important to network settings.
The wireless network test report consists of information like printer status, MAC address and the IP address which will help you while you configure your network
The wireless Network test report also displays about the network settings when your printer is connected to the network
To print a Wireless network test report, you have to click the Wireless button and the Information button on the control panel simultaneously. Both the Wireless Network test report and network configuration page print.
Printing a Print quality Diagnostic page
Print a Print Quality Diagnostic Page which helps you to identify the source of the issue, if you are experiencing printer quality issues.
To print the Print quality Diagnostic page, you must have a computer with Mac OS and a printer that supports the MAC operating systems. If you find any printer issues in your printer, use the Print Quality Diagnostics Page.
- In the dock, you will have a Finder If you do not see an icon like that, search for it in the dock until you find it.
- Check in which driver is your HP software installed. If the HP installation software is installed on the driver such as Macintosh HD drive, click on the drive
- Move the cursor to the next window when you click the Applications file and click HP
- open the HP Utility window by double clicking on the HP Utility icon
- you will find an option Print Quality Diagnostics Page,, click on it to print the Print Quality Diagnostics Page Prints.
- In your windows computer, open or search for the HP folder in your installed software programs.
- Click the printer folder and click your printer name. you will notice the opening of HP Printer Assistant software opens.
- ClickPrint & Scan à Maintain Your Printer in the windows computer system to continue to the next step.
- You will notice the HP Toolbox opening the screen of your computer. Move on to the next step given below.
- Click Device Servicesà Print Quality Diagnostics Page to print Prin Quality Page prints.
To print a printer status report
Printer status report consist of information such as product information, connectivity settings and scan settings as the status report consists of general information about the printer.
Print and hold the cancel button for three seconds to print the Printer Status Report.
To print a Test page
If you have any doubts on how the hardware of your printer functions and whether it is working properly or not, print a test page. The test page consists of the hardware functionality.
- Check whether you have inserted or placed the U.S letter or A4 size, unused, plain paper in the main input tray.
- Press and hold the power button and click the Cancel button. Initially let go of the Cancel button and then let go of the power button.
- You will notice the test page printing in your printer. Use the information that are in the test page for your printer hardware functionality.