123 HP DeskJet Plus 4155 Features
The HP Deskjet Plus 4155 is a compact printer mainly targeted at audience who are more likely to use mobile solutions for printing. It comes in a range of seven vibrant colours ranging from Electric Blue to Poppy Pink. It also has an arched plastic top that includes a scanner and a mono-LCD control panel with buttons. You can use these buttons to enable HP’s Web services or activate Wi-Fi or Wireless Direct functions. The main function is to cancel and resume print jobs. Simply download the software drivers from 123.hp.com/dj4155 or 123.hp.com/setup 4155 to use Web Services.
While the print speed of the Deskjet Plus 4155 is a bit disappointing, the print quality is above average when it comes to printing text documents with regular fonts. By signing up for HP’s Instant Ink program, you can print a certain number of pages per month at a fixed cost. You can also print documents from anywhere around the world with an active internet connection.
123.hp.com/dj4155 | 123 HP Deskjet Plus 4155 Unboxing
- Open the cardboard box and fold the flaps such that it doesn’t obstruct the removal of the contents inside.
- Remove the power cord, USB cable, ink cartridges and the ink caution flyers from the top of the box. The ink caution flyers contain precautionary measures so that you don’t swallow the ink.
- Drag the printer out of the box and remove the caps on the left and right sides of the printer.
- Then, remove the plastic covering on the printer and check for packaging materials in the ink cartridge access area.
The printer comes with an installation CD but you can also download the driver from 123.hp.com/dj4155 or 123.hp.com/setup 4155.
123 HP Deskjet Plus 4155 Initial Setup
- Switch on the printer before installing the ink cartridges. Simply connect one end of the power cord to the printer and the other end of the power cord into the wall outlet.
- Power on the printer by pressing the power button and wait for it to stop making noise before opening the ink cartridge access area.
- Open the ink cartridge access area in the front and wait until the ink carriages reach the center.
- Unwrap the HP 65 tri-colour cartridge and gently peel away the transparent film on the copper-coloured contacts.
- Next, slide the ink cartridge at a slightly upward angle into the second slot so that it fits into place perfectly.
- Unwrap the black ink cartridge in the same way and insert the cartridge into the first slot in the same way.
- Next, pull out the Paper Input Tray.
- Align a stack of papers on a hard surface and insert the stack of papers into the Paper Input Tray.
If you want to install drivers from 123.hp.com/dj4155, you’ve to install cartridges and load paper into the Paper Input Tray.
123 HP Deskjet Plus 4155 Installing the Software Driver
Before installing the software driver your printer must be setup wirelessly so that you can download the software drivers from 123.hp.com/dj4155 or 123.hp.com/setup 4155.
- Gather the network name and password of your wireless router.
- First, Switch on your printer and computer.
- Then, check if you’ve connected the system to the same wireless network that you’ll connect your printer to.
- Now, go to 123.hp.com/dj4155 and click the download button to download the software.
- Once the download is complete, click on the software in the browser downloads bar to open it.
- Once the software opens, HP Easy Start Utility opens and begins downloading the necessary The software driver will ask you if you want to install the full feature software drivers or basic software drivers. If you want to perform activities like scanning and copying, it is better to use the full feature software so that you can unleash the full functionality of your printer.
- Read and agree to all of HP’s terms and conditions.
123 HP Deskjet Plus 4155 Print Jobs Stuck in Print Queue
If your printer has print jobs stuck in print queue, try the following steps to solve the issue.
- In case there are any error messages on the computer screen or printer, clear them and try printing again.
- Delete the printer job files from the services menu and try printing again.
- Check if you’ve connected your printer properly and reset the printer.
- Download and run HP Print and Scan Doctor to resolve all the printing and scanning issues.
- Go to the print queue window and see if the system has paused the print jobs or not.
- Check if your Deskjet Plus 4155 is set as the default printer.
- Temporarily disable the firewall software by clicking on the system tray icon that comes with your security software.
- Make sure that you’ve downloaded and installed the software correctly from 123.hp.com/dj4155
- If the problems still persist, contact HP Support for help.
123 HP Deskjet Plus 4155 ePrint setup
The ePrint setup makes printing from anywhere an easy task. All you have to do is simply mail the document to your printer’s e-mail id. To get your printer’s e-mail id, you must setup Web services and print out an information sheet that will contain your printer’s e-mail address. Follow the steps below to get the information sheet:
- Before setting up the printer web service, make sure that your printer is connected to a wireless network.
- Then, open the Embedded Web Server or (EWS) from the HP Print and Scan software or by press the Wireless and Information button together.
- Click the Web services tab and go to the Web Services information settings.
- Now, click Continue and follow the instructions on-screen.
- Agree to the terms and conditions and let the printer install any available updates.
Now, you can move on to setting up the ePrint service for your HP Deskjet Plus 4155
- Once Web services are setup, an information sheet is printed.
- Use the information sheet to get the e-mail address of your printer.
- To print any document, simply open your e-mail application and attach the document that has to be printed. Note that the attachments have to be less than 10 MB.
- Send the e-mail to your printer’s e-mail address with a subject and without any Cc or Bcc tags.
The fact that the ePrint service doesn’t require any additional software driver downloads apart from the ones downloaded from 123.hp.com/dj4155 or 123.hp.com/setup 4155 makes it an attractive option.
123 HP Deskjet Plus 4155 Carriage Jam
- Plug out the printer power cord and USB cable while the printer is switched on (if your printer is connected using a wired connection)
- Open the ink cartridge access door and remove any paper or object that might be restricting the cartridges from moving.
- Try moving the cartridges manually so that they move smoothly and without any restriction.
- Close the cartridge access door and power on the printer again.
- Connect the power cord and USB cable and try printing again.