123.hp.com/ojpro8720 | 123 HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Printer Features
All of HP’s OfficeJet Pro printers come with Page Wide technology for super-fast printing. This printer uses one single, stationary print head to print a page in one go. You can also print documents while you’re on the move by using the ePrint service. All you have to do, is setup Web Services after installing software drivers from 123.hp.com/ojpro8720 or 123.hp.com/setup 8720.
In short, the OfficeJet Pro 8720 is equipped with a brilliant print quality, fast printing and a responsive touch control panel. What else would you want from a printer?
The specifications for the OfficeJet 8720 printer are given below.
- Print speed (B/W): 24 ppm
- Print speed (colour): 20 ppm
- Input Tray capacity: 250 sheets; can be expanded to 500 sheets.
- Connectivity: USB, Ethernet, Wi-Fi Direct
- Mobile Printing: ePrint, AirPrint, Mopria
- Instant Ink: available
Learn everything from unboxing to setting up your printer to clearing paper jams.
123.hp.com/setup 8720 | 123 HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Unboxing
- Open the printer box and remove the printer guides and Instant Ink card.
- Next, remove the piece of cardboard on top.
- Take out the ink cartridges and keep them aside.
- Next, remove the power and fax cords.
- Then, remove the Installation CD and keep it aside. It contains the software drivers for both Mac and Windows.
- In case you want the latest version of the software drivers, you can download it from 123.hp.com/ojpro8720 or 123.hp.com/setup 8720.
- Peel away the blue tapes on the surface of the printer.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Initial Setup
- Take the power cord that you kept aside earlier and remove the twist tie on it.
- Connect one end of the power cord into the rear of the printer and the other end into the wall outlet.
- Press the power button to turn on the printer and wait a few seconds for it to fall silent.
- Next, select the language of your choice from the printer menu. Scroll through the list and tap on a language to select it.
- Then, select the region or country in which your printer is located.
- Set the date and time on your printer in the next step.
- Next, the printer asks if it will be Self-managed or IT managed. HP will provide a different configuration if your printer is IT managed.
- Press Continue to move to the next step.
This completes the initial setup of your HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 . Now, you’re only a few steps away from installing the software drivers from 123.hp.com/ojpro8720 or 123.hp.com/setup 8720.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Installing Ink Cartridges
Follow the steps given below to install the ink cartridges.
- Lift up and slide back the ink cartridge access area cover behind the Paper Input Tray and wait for the ink cartridge slots to reach the center.
- Take the bunch of ink cartridges that you kept aside earlier and remove the plastic holding the ink cartridges together.
- Next, insert the cartridge into the slot according to the colour in the slot without touching the copper coloured contacts to avoid bad electrical connections.
- Push them inside until they snap into place.
- Insert all the cartridges into the slot in the same way.
- Close the ink cartridge access cover when you’re done.
This completes the installation of the ink cartridges. Installing Ink cartridges and loading Papers into the Paper Tray are the first steps in setting up the software downloaded from 123.hp.com/ojpro8720.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Loading Paper
Follow the steps given below to load paper into the Paper Tray. Make sure that you use only plain, white paper for this step.
- Open the Paper Tray below the control panel and slide the paper width guides away from each other.
- Align a stack of papers on a hard surface and insert the stack into the paper tray.
- Adjust the paper width guides.
- Slide the Paper Tray back into place.
- Next, the printer displays a message thanking you for installing the Instant Ink cartridges. Touch OK to continue.
- In the next screen, tap Continue to start initialization process of the printer.
The printer then asks you to continue the setup process online and starts aligning the printhead so that you get the best output print quality.
This process will take a few minutes and at the end of the process, your HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 prints out an alignment page.
Next, you can connect your printer to a wireless network and install the software from 123.hp.com/ojpro8720.
123 HP OfficeJet 8720 Wireless Setup Wizard
Getting your printer connected helps HP Easy Start Utility identify the type of HP Printer and therefore the software driver to be installed on the system. So, before you install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/ojpro8720 or 123.hp.com/setup 8720. Follow the steps given below to set up the Wireless Setup Wizard on your computer.
- If you have connected any USB or Ethernet cables to your printers, disconnect them.
- Make sure that your computer is active and connected to the same wireless network that your printer is going to be connected to.
- Next, ensure that you have the correct network name and password.
- Tap the Setup icons to connect the printer to the wireless network.
- Then, go the Wireless settings and then touch the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- The printer starts searching for Wireless Networks within its range and displays a list of network names on the screen. If you cannot see the name of your network on the screen, try bringing the router closer to the printer.
- Select the name of network and enter the password when prompted.
- Once you’ve entered the password, touch Done.
- In the next summary screen, tap OK.
Now, you can go to 123.hp.com/ojpro8720 to download and install the software driver.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Driver Installation
Although your printer ships with an Installation CD, you can download and install the latest software drivers from 123.hp.com/ojpro8720. Just follow the simple steps below to download and install your software drivers. This is so that you get the maximum out of your HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 printer.
- First, make sure that your printer and computer are switched on and connected to the same wireless network.
- Then, open any browser on your computer and go to 123.hp.com/ojpro8720.
- Next, click the download button.
- Then, wait for the browser to download the HP Easy Start Utility software.
- On the browser download bar, click Open, Run or Save to open the file. If you want to connect your printer with a USB cable, wait until the printer prompts you to connect it. Until then, keep the USB cable disconnected.
- Now, HP Easy Start Utility opens and asks you to agree to HPs terms and conditions.
- Then, it checks if you’ve installed the ink cartridges and loaded paper.
- HP Easy Start Utility now opens and begins extracting the required files.
- To complete the installation, simply follow the instructions on screen.
- Enter printer information whenever asked to do so.
- You can also subscribe to the Instant Ink option by choosing the appropriate option.
This completes the installation of software from 123.hp.com/ojpro8720.
You can also download the software driver from 123.hp.com/setup 8720.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 ePrint service
The ePrint service is a boon to people who wish to print documents while travelling or visiting a faraway place. As long as you have an active internet connection, you can simply mail your documents to your printer’s e-mail address. To obtain your printer’s e-mail address you must first setup web services. Follow the steps below to setup Web Services and ePrint services.
- Tap Web Services Setup and touch Accept to agree to the Terms and conditions.
- Allow your HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 to automatically install updates for your printer.
- When the printer is connected to the internet, it’ll print a Printer Information page. This printer information page can be used to find out your printer’s e-mail address.
- To set up ePrint services, open an e-mail application on your system and attach the document that you wish to print in the “To” line. Don’t add any addresses in the Cc line of your e-mail application otherwise your printer will reject the print jobs.
- Press Send and wait for the printer to print your document.
Don’t attach documents greater than 10 MB. Note that the formatting might also differ from that of the original document. ePrint doesn’t require any additional software except the ones downloaded from 123.hp.com/ojpro8720.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 8720 Wi-Fi Direct
You can print documents without connecting your router to a network using Wi-Fi Direct. Use this method only if your Wi-Fi is encrypted with WPA security. If your router uses some other form of encryption, then you can connect your system to the internet using the general method.
- Return to the main printer control panel menu by swiping down the tab at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the Settings icon to switch on the Wi-Fi Direct.
- Then, touch the Wi-Fi Direct icon on the menu.
- To print from your mobile device, install the HP print service plug-in first.
- Then switch on Wi-Fi Direct in your mobile.
- Next, open the document that you wish to print and select the Print option.
- Then, switch on the Wi-Fi and connect your mobile device to your printer. The name should be of the format DIRECT-**-HP OfficeJet Pro 8720.
Once your device is connected to the printer, it starts printing the document. You can use this method to connect to the internet only if you’ve downloaded and installed the software from 123.hp.com/ojpro8720 or 123.hp.com/setup 8720.