123.hp.com/setup 100 | 123 HP OfficeJet 100 Features
Armed with high quality printing, faxing and scanning options at an attractive price, the 123 HP OfficeJet 100 is the ideal candidate for both home and office purposes. The software drivers can be downloaded from 123.hp.com/setup 100 or 123.hp.com/oj100.
Other featrures of the Officejet include
• 4-colour (CMYK) inkjet printer.
• Print resolution 1200x1200dpi (enhanced)
• Scanner resolution 1200dpi.
• Fax resolution 200dpi.
• Connectivity – Wi-Fi, USB 2.0, Apple AirPrint.
• 60-sheet input tray, 25-sheet output tray.
• Dimensions 222x454x362mm.
• Weight 5.76kg.
123.hp.com/oj100 | 123 HP OfficeJet 100 Unboxing
This section outlines the contents of the Printer box and tells you where to look for possible packaging and remove them.
• First fold back the flaps of the box and remove the power cord, installation CD and other items on top.
• Then lay the box such that the printer lies on its bottom side. Using the transparent cover, drag the printer out of the box gently and remove the Styrofoam caps on either sides of the printer.
• Now peel away all the tape on the exterior of the printer. The blue tapes are designed to come off easily without leaving any residue on any of the printer surfaces.
• Next open the ink access area door, remove the cardboard packaging material from the inside the printer and close both the ink access door and the exterior door.
123 HP OfficeJet 100 Basic Initialization
To perform the basic initialization process, switch on the printer. First switch on the printer, then follow the steps given below:
• To begin connect one side of the printer power cord to the rear of the printer and the other side into the wall outlet. It is recommended that power strips not be used frequently yo avoid power issues to the printer.
• Now, switch on the printer by pressing the power button.
• The printer starts initializing and makes some noise during the process. Wait for it to become completely silent.
• Next the printer control panel then displays a menu that asks you to choose a language. Select the language of your choice by scrolling through the list and then tap Yes to Confirm. Following the same process, set the location of your printer.
• Now select and set the date for your printer. Tap Next
• Then set the time for your printer and then click Done.
Now, you can proceed to installing the ink cartridges and loading the paper.
123 HP Officejet 100 Loading Unused Paper
• First raise the Input Tray situated at the back of the printer and slide the paper width guide towards the left.
• Next align a stack of unused sheets on a hard surface and slide them down the Input Tray.
• Now slide the paper width guide such that it just touches the edge of the stack of paper.
• Then slide the output tray outwards and raise the tray extender.
• Next touch OK when you’ve complete the process. Your Printer will now print a configuration page automatically.
• Once the printing is complete, scan the confirmation page to complete the alignment of the printer.
• Now place the confirmation page on the lower side of the scanner glass and Tap OK to finish the alignment process.
Next, you can proceed to download the software from 123.hp.com/setup 100.
123 HP OfficeJet 100 Installing Ink Cartridges
First to install the ink cartridges, first open the exterior door and the ink cartridge access door. Wait for the ink cartridge door to move to the center. Wait until the printer is silent and then continue with the cartridge installation process.
• Next remove the tri-colour cartridge from the wrapper and remove the plastic covering using the orange pull tab. Don’t touch the electrical nozzles or the copper coloured contacts as this might result in bad electrical connections or clogs.
• Now insert the tri-colour cartridge into the left slot by pushing it at a slightly angle. Make sure that it fits snugly into place.
• Next repeat the same procedure for installing the black cartridge.
As soon as you’ve completed the installation process, close the ink area access door and proceed to loading stacks of plain unused paper. Then follow the steps given below in the next section to find out how to load unused papers.
123 HP OfficeJet 100 Wireless Setup Wizard
The Wireless Setup Wizard sets up your printer in a Wireless Networking environment. Make sure that you have the following things before starting the Wireless Setup Wizard
• Network Name (SSID)
• WPA Passphrase
Once you’ve gathered the information mentioned above, check you turn On both the printer and computer and connect them to the same network.
• Next if there’s any USB cable is connected to your printer, plug it out of your printer.
• Now if you’ve already setup your printer using a Wired USB connection, follow the steps given below to change your connection settings from Wired to Wireless,
In the HP folder that is in the list of installed programs, double-click the folder of your printer and click the name of your printer.
Next go to the Utilities menu and click Printer Setup & Software Installation.
Next go to the Utilities menu and click Printer Setup & Software Installation.
Now click Convert USB connected Printer to Wireless or connect a new Printer and follow the instructions given on-screen to finish the Setup process.
You can skip reading the rest of the guide if you’ve changed your Network connection from Wired to Wireless as the on-screen instruction also comprises of both the Wireless Setup Wizard and the download and installation of the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 100.
• On the printer control Panel, touch the Wireless Setup Icon. This will display Wireless screen .
• Now tap the Settings icon and then the Wireless Setup Wizard. Follow the instructions displayed on the control panel to connect your printer to the Wireless Network.
You can proceed to download and install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 100.
123 HP OfficeJet 100 Wireless Protected Setup
WPS helps two devices establish a connection over a wireless network connection. This Setup can only be performed if the software drivers were already downloaded & installed from 123.hp.com/setup 100 or 123.hp.com/oj100.
For this there the relatively easier push button method and the Pin method to make the Wireless Setup possible and establish a connection between the devices. Next make sure that your router supports the Wireless Protected Setup before you can get started. Now click to read more about the Wireless Protected Setup.
123 HP Officejet 100 Software driver and Installation
To install Printer driver, go to 123.hp.com/setup 100 and click Download button. Upon completion of the download, click on program in Downloads tab to open it or select Run and wait until installer extracts the required files from 123.hp.com/setup 100.
• HP Easy Start Utility software opens and connects your printer to network in order to activate and register it. Next Download and install latest drivers and software from 123.hp.com/setup 100. Click Continue to proceed.
• Read HP’s terms and conditions carefully and check button next to Agree to terms and conditions. Move on to next page by clicking Continue. HP Easy Start Utility then detects the printer.
• Next if not detects your printer , click on name of your printer.
• HP Auto Wireless Connect must be enabled so that the printer connects to the same wireless network as your computer and applies wireless settings from the computer to your printer.
• Again, go through the terms and conditions and click the checkbox beside agree to the terms and conditions. Now, continue with the installation by clicking Continue.
• The installer connects to the printer and applies wireless settings from the computer to the printer. Click the checkbox to agree to the terms and conditions and move forward by clicking Continue.
• The Instant Ink activation page appears now. Then click ‘Yes, Activate’ to accept the three month free trial. Otherwise, Click ‘No Thanks’.
• Then the printer can be activated and registered at this point by entering the relevant details.
• Now specify how you’d like to use the printer and the location of the printer. Click Continue to proceed.
• After this step, HP will automatically check for the latest drivers and software for the printer.
Users can install the full feature software drivers or the basic drivers for printers. The basic version only includes basic functions like printing and scanning. The full feature software from 123.hp.com/setup 100 includes additional functions like I.R.I.S OCR useful to convert scanned handwritten documents into text files without having to type whole thing again.
Once you’ve selected the required option, click Continue to download software and drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 100.
• Immediately after the download was complete, the program automatically extracts the required files from 123.hp.com/setup 100 and opens. Once the program starts running, you can also customize your software selection.
• First read all of HP’s Terms and Conditions and click Next to Installation Terms and conditions by clicking the checkbox.
• Then the Installer now downloads the required software from 123.hp.com/setup 100 and drivers after which it detects and installs Printer connected to the wireless network.
• Now select the mode of usage of the printer and enter the location of printer again. Then click Next to finish software setup for your computer.
• Next your Printer prints Web Services Information sheet automatically when software installation process gets over.
• Now activate HP will ask if the Instant Ink service must once more if not done previously. Similarly,HP will prompt activation and registration Printer once more if it wasn’t before.
This completes the Wireless setup of Printer from 123.hp.com/setup 100.
123 HP OfficeJet 100 ePrint Setup
HP’s ePrint service largely diminishes the distance between your printer and you by allowing you to print from anywhere around the world as long as there’s an active internet connection. All you have to do is simply send an e-mail to the printer’s e-mail address. The best part is that, ePrint Printer doesn’t require the installation of any software or driver in order to be used and your document and you can easily and effectively manage all your ePrint jobs and queues by using your HP Connected account.
Then click to know more about how to perform an ePrint setup on your 123 HP OfficeJet 100.
123 HP OfficeJet 100 Google Cloud Print
Print documents and photos from any device that is connected to your printer via a cable or wireless network using Google Cloud Print. Google’s Servers delete your documents once the printing job is complete, therefore making it a secured gateway to print documents. This service doesn’t require any additional software or drivers from HP or Google in order to be used.