123.hp.com/setup 1000 | 123 HP DeskJet 1000 Features
The Deskjet 1000 goes easy on your pocket. It is a great single-functionality printer whose printing needs are a minimum. HP Deskjet 1000 offers a very decent print quality at an equally reasonable price. The lightweight and compact design is another reason to consider the Deskjet 1000. Deskjet 1000 is suitable for your daily printing needs. You can connect your printer to the system via a high speed USB 2.0 port. But the printer doesn’t support a Wireless or Ethernet connection. Then the Input and Output Trays of the printer come with a capacity of 60 and 25 sheets respectively. Download the software drivers for your HP Printer from 123.hp.com/setup 1000.
123.hp.com/dj1000 | 123 HP Deskjet 1000 Unboxing
• First take out the power cord,CD, setup poster and the ink cartridges from the box in which the printer shipped. You can also download the software from 123.hp.com/setup 1000.
• Then drag the printer out of the box using the handles on the cover. The blue tapes on the surface are comes off. Remove them from the printer surface. Open the ink cartridge access area, remove the packaging materials there. And close the ink cartridge access area.
•Now your printer is now ready to power on. Keep reading to find out how to switch on the printer and install the ink cartridges.
HP Deskjet 1000 – Loading Unused Paper
To load unused paper into the tray, follow the steps given below
• First push the paper width guides away from each other. Next insert a stack of papers into the Paper Tray. Then adjust the paper width guides such that they just touch the edges of the paper.
• Then according to the type of paper used,adjust the paper width guides.
Next connect your printer to the system. Download the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 1000 or 123.hp.com/dj1000.
HP Deskjet 1000 – Installing the Ink cartridges
• First take the power cord that has the purple pin and insert one end into the power module. One end of the remaining cord must connects to the power module. And the other end must connects to the wall outlet.
•Then turn on the printer by pressing the power button next to the tray. Once the printer has been switched on. Wait for the noise to subside before getting started with the next step.
• Now open the ink cartridge access area by opening the flap behind the paper tray. Wait for the ink cartridge slots to reach the center. Unwrap the black cartridge and using the pink pull tab. Then Peel away the transparent film without making any contact with the copper. Since touching the copper might lead to bad electrical connections and ink clogs.
• Finally insert the black cartridge into the second slot. Follow the same steps to insert the tri-colour cartridge into the first slot.
Install the ink cartridges and load the unused paper into the Paper Tray. Then,you can proceed with the Printer Driver Installation process from 123.hp.com/setup 1000.
123 HP Deskjet 1000 – Software Driver Download and Installation
Don’t connect the USB cable to the printer unless prompted to do so.
• First check if both your printer and your computer are turned on. Next switch on your printer and system. And open a browser of your choice and go to 123.hp.com/setup 1000. Don’t connect the USB cable to the printer unless prompted to do so.
• Next click the Download button to start the software driver download process. Then once you complete the download , open the software from the browser download bar.
• Now HP Easy Start Utility software opens and extracts the required files. Now to connect the printer to the computer. Connect one end of the USB into the rear of the printer and the other end into the system,
• Then follow the instructions displayed on the screen. And complete the installation of the software from 123.hp.com/setup 1000 . If you cannot download the drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 1000. Download the software drivers from 123.hp.com/dj1000 .
123 HP Deskjet 1000 – USB connection
Don’t connect the USB cable to the printer unless asked to do so by your system.
• Then turn on the computer and insert the CD into the CD slot. The CD detected by the HP software and the HP Easy Start Utility opens automatically.
• In case the process doesn’t begin automatically, click on the software on the right hand side of the window. Then the .exe Setup file opens and begins extracting for installation.
• Next, the Software Installation screen displays a list of all the software installed. Finish installing the ink cartridges and load unused paper. Then HP will ask you to move forward with the Installation process.
• Then, a list of all the software installed displays. To install selected software, you can use the Customize Software Selection button.
• Next read HP’s terms and conditions and agree to them by clicking the appropriate options. The system now asks you to connect the USB cable.
• Now plug one end of the USB cable into the rear of the printer and the other end into the system. This completes the Installation of the software from the Installation CD. Keep reading to find out how to download and install the software from 123.hp.com/setup 1000 .
HP Deskjet 1000 – Print Quality Issues
Sometimes, the print quality of the printer is not up to the mark. In such a case, follow the steps given below to resolve the issues.
• First check the authenticity of the HP cartridges that you’re using. Go to HP’s anti-counterfeit website to check if the cartridges you’re using are genuine.
• Then let the printer rest for a while and then try printing the same document again. In case there are any photo papers in the tray, remove them. keeping them in the tray might cause the papers to react with roller.
• Don’t use wrinkled papers to print documents. Make sure that you’re using the right kind of paper. HP recommends that you use paper with Colorlok technology for everyday printing. And HP Advanced Photo Paper for printing photographs.
Some papers have a printing side and a non-printing side. The non-printing side is rough and has the logo of the manufacturer on it. The smooth side should be used for printing.
• Next print a diagnostic report to locate the issue. If the printer diagnostic report doesn’t have any smears then the printer doesn’t have any issue. Contact HP support for help in this case.
• Then,check the ink levels of your cartridges and replace the ink cartridges if the ink level is low.
Follow the steps given in the next section to replace the ink cartridges. Download the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 1000 .
123 HP Deskjet 1000 – Replacing ink cartridges
• First turn on the printer if it wasn’t on already. Next open the ink cartridge access area and wait for the ink cartridge slots to reach the center.
• Then wait for the printer to fall silent before proceeding further and press the cartridge down to remove it from the slot. Now remove the wrapper from the new cartridge and peel away the transparent film on the copper colored contacts.
- After that insert the cartridge into the slot without touching the copper colored contacts and push it into place.
• In the same way, insert the remaining cartridge into the slot.
Wireless Setup Wizard
The Wireless Setup Wizard helps your printer to the network. It is only available for printers with a display control panel. Follow the steps given below to connect your printer to the network wirelessly.
• First collect the network name (SSID) and password.
• Hence from the control panel’s main menu, go to the Network menu, touch the Wireless icon and go to Settings.
• Now in the settings menu, select the Wireless Setup Wizard. Then the Wireless Setup Wizard will now search for printers in the area and display the list of networks in the area.
• Then,select the name of the network that you wish to connect your network to and enter the password. Note that passwords are case-sensitive so enter the correct case letters.
• Next manually enter the name of network displays on your printer control panel using the on-screen keyboard. if you don’t find the name in the list.
- Then if your printer isn’t connected to the network, you can print a test report to fix the issue.
Now, you can download the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 1000 .
123 HP Deskjet 1000 – Cleaning Ink cartridges
Make sure you also have the following things before start cleaning your cartridges
• Then,lint-free cloth, dry foam rubber swabs so that the cloth doesn’t leave any residue on the nozzle area.
• Next, select sheets of clean paper. Distilled, filtered or bottled drinking water.
• Now, remove the cartridge from its slot and place it on a clean sheet of paper. Then, wet the cloth or swab in distilled or drinking water and clean the part around the ink nozzle.
• Let the cartridges dry on the clean sheet of paper. Finally,insert the cartridges into the slot again.