123.hp.com/setup 1011 | 123 HP DeskJet 1011 Features
The 123.hp.com/setup 1011 Deskjet goes easy on your pocket and is a great single-functionality printer for those whose printing needs are a minimum. HP Deskjet 1011 offers a very decent print quality at an equally reasonable price. The lightweight and compact design is another reason why you should consider the Deskjet 1011 for your daily printing needs. You can connect your printer to the system via a high speed USB 2.0 port. The printer doesn’t support a Wireless or Ethernet connection that enables printers to connect to the internet. The Input and Output Trays of the printer come with a capacity of 60 and 25 sheets respectively. Now the software drivers for your HP Printer can downloaded from 123.hp.com/setup 1011 .
123.hp.com/dj1011 | 123 HP Deskjet 1011 Unboxing
• Take out the printer power cord, Installation CD, setup poster and the ink cartridges from the box in which the printer shipped. You can also download the software from 123.hp.com/setup 1011 instead of installing it from the installation CD.
• Drag the printer out of the box using the handles on the cover.
• Then the blue tapes on the surface designed to come off easily. Remove them from the printer surface. Open the ink cartridge access area, remove the packaging materials there and close the ink cartridge access area.
•Now your printer is now ready to powered on. Keep reading to find out how to switch on the printer and install the ink cartridges.
123 HP Deskjet 1011 Loading Unused Paper
To load unused paper into the tray, follow the steps given below
• Next push the paper width guides away from each other.
• Now insert a stack of papers into the Paper Tray.
• Then adjust the paper width guides such that they just touch the edges of the paper.
• According to the type of paper used, the paper width guides can adjusted.
Next you can connect your printer to the system and download the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 1011 or 123.hp.com/dj1011 .
123 HP Deskjet 1011 Installing the Ink cartridges
• Take the power cord that has the purple pin and insert one end into the power module.
• Then one end of the remaining cord must be connected to the power module and the other end must be connected to the wall outlet.
• Turn on the printer by pressing the power button next to the tray. Once the printer has been switched on, wait for the noise to subside before getting started with the next step.
• Now open the ink cartridge access area by opening the flap behind the paper tray.
• Wait for the ink cartridge slots to reach the center.
• Then unwrap the black cartridge and using the pink pull tab, peel away the transparent film without making any contact with the copper coloured contacts. Touching the ink nozzles or the copper contacts might lead to bad electrical connections and ink clogs.
• Insert the black cartridge into the second slot and follow the same steps to insert the tri-colour cartridge into the first slot.
You cannot proceed with the Printer Driver Installation process from 123.hp.com/setup 1011 if you haven’t installed the ink cartridges and loaded unused paper into the Paper Tray.
123 HP Deskjet 1011 Software Driver Download and Installation
Don’t connect the USB cable to the printer unless prompted to do so.
• Check if both your printer and your computer are turned on. Switch on your printer and system if it wasn’t already on and open a browser of your choice and go to 123.hp.com/setup 1011. Don’t connect the USB cable to the printer unless prompted to do so.
• Now click the Download button to start the software driver download process.
• Once the download has been completed, open the software from the browser download bar.
• HP Easy Start Utility software opens and extracts the required files.
• Then connect one end of the USB into the rear of the printer and the other end into the system, to connect the printer to the computer.
• Now follow the instructions displayed on the screen to complete the installation of the software from 123.hp.com/setup 1011 .
If you cannot download the drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 1011, you can also download the software drivers from 123.hp.com/dj1011 .
123.hp.com/setup 1011 – 1011 USB connection
Don’t connect the USB cable to the printer unless asked to do so by your system.
• Next turn on the computer and insert the CD into the CD slot.
• Then the CD should be automatically detected by the HP software and the HP Easy Start Utility should be opened.
• In case the process doesn’t begin automatically, click on the software on the right hand side of the window.
• The .exe Setup file opens and begins extracting the required files for installation.
• Next, the Software Installation screen will be displayed, where a list of all the software installed is displayed.
• Now if you’ve already finished installing the ink cartridges and loaded unused paper, HP will ask you to move forward with the Installation process.
• Next, a list of all the software installation where a list of all the software installed will be displayed.
• To install selected software, you can use the Customize Software Selection button.
• Now read HP’s terms and conditions and agree to them by clicking the appropriate options.
• Then the system now asks you to connect the USB cable.
• Next plug one end of the USB cable into the rear of the printer and the other end into the system.
This completes the Installation of the software from the Installation CD. Keep reading to find out how to download and install the software from 123.hp.com/setup 1011 .
123 HP Deskjet 1011 Print Quality Issues
Sometimes, the print quality of the printer is not up to the mark. In such a case, follow the steps given below to resolve the issues.
• Then check the authenticity of the HP cartridges that you’re using. Go to HP’s anti-counterfeit website to check if the cartridges you’re using are genuine.
• Let the printer rest for a while and then try printing the same document again.
• In case there are any photo papers in the tray, remove them as keeping them in the tray might cause the papers to react with roller.
• Then don’t use wrinkled papers to print documents.
• Now make sure that you’re using the right kind of paper. HP recommends that you use paper with Color Lok technology for everyday printing and HP Advanced Photo Paper for printing photographs.
• Some papers have a printing side and a non-printing side. The non-printing side is rough and has the logo of the manufacturer on it while the smooth side should be used for printing.
• Print a diagnostic report to locate the issue. If the printer diagnostic report doesn’t have any smears, dis colourations or defects then the printer doesn’t have any issue. Contact HP support for help in this case.
• Now check the ink levels of your cartridges and replace the ink cartridges if the ink level is low.
Then Follow the steps given in the next section to replace the ink cartridges. Download the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 1011 .
123.hp.com/setup 1011- Replacing ink cartridges
• Turn on the printer if it wasn’t on already.
• Now open the ink cartridge access area and wait for the ink cartridge slots to reach the center. Wait for the printer to fall silent before proceeding further.
• Then press the cartridge down to remove it from the slot.
• Now remove the wrapper from the new cartridge and peel away the transparent film on the copper colored contacts.
• Insert the cartridge into the slot without touching the copper colored contacts and push it into place.
• In the same way, insert the remaining cartridge into the slot.
123.hp.com/setup 1011- Wireless Setup Wizard
The Wireless Setup Wizard helps your printer to the network. It is only available for printers with a display control panel. Follow the steps given below to connect your printer to the network wirelessly.
• Now collect the network name (SSID) and password.
• From the control panel’s main menu, go to the Network menu, touch the Wireless icon and go to Settings.
• In the settings menu, select the Wireless Setup Wizard.
• Then the Wireless Setup Wizard will now search for printers in the area and display the list of networks in the area.
• Now select the name of the network that you wish to connect your network to and enter the password. Note that passwords are case-sensitive and therefore must be entered with the correct case letters.
• In case you cannot see the name of network displayed on your control panel, you can manually enter it using the on-screen keyboard.
• If your printer isn’t connected to the network, you can print a test report to fix the issue.
Now, you can download the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 1011 .
123 HP Deskjet 1011 – Cleaning Ink cartridges
Make sure you have the following things before start cleaning your cartridges
• Lint-free cloth, dry foam rubber swabs so that the cloth doesn’t leave any residue on the nozzle area.
• Sheets of clean paper.
• Distilled, filtered or bottled drinking water.
• Then remove the cartridge from its slot and place it on a clean sheet of paper.
• Wet the cloth or swab in distilled or drinking water and clean the part around the ink nozzle.
• Now let the cartridges dry on the clean sheet of paper.
• Next insert the cartridges into the slot again.