123.hp.com/setup 6524 | 123 HP DeskJet 6524 Features
The Deskjet 6524 goes easy on your pocket and is a great single-functionality printer for those whose printing needs are a minimum. HP Deskjet 6524 offers a very decent print quality at an equally reasonable price. The lightweight and compact design is another reason why you should consider the Deskjet 6524 for your daily printing needs. You can connect your printer to the system via a high speed USB 2.0 port but the printer doesn’t support a Wireless or Ethernet connection that enables printers to connect to the internet. The Input and Output Trays of the printer come with a capacity of 60 and 25 sheets respectively. The software drivers for your HP Printer can be downloaded from 123.hp.com/setup 6524 .
123.hp.com/dj6524 | 123 HP Deskjet 6524 Unboxing
• Take out the printer power cord, Installation CD, setup poster and the ink cartridges from the box in which the printer was shipped. You can also download the software from 123.hp.com/setup 6524 instead of installing it from the installation CD.
• Drag the printer out of the box using the handles on the cover.
• The blue tapes on the surface are designed to come off easily. Remove them from the printer surface. Open the ink cartridge access area, remove the packaging materials there and close the ink cartridge access area.
•Your printer is now ready to be powered on. Keep reading to find out how to switch on the printer and install the ink cartridges.
123 HP Deskjet 6524 Loading Unused Paper
To load unused paper into the tray, follow the steps given below
• Push the paper width guides away from each other.
• Insert a stack of papers into the Paper Tray.
• Adjust the paper width guides such that they just touch the edges of the paper.
• According to the type of paper used, the paper width guides can be adjusted.
Next you can connect your printer to the system and download the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 6524 or 123.hp.com/dj6524 .
123 HP Deskjet 6524 Installing the Ink cartridges
• Take the power cord that has the purple pin and insert one end into the power module.
• One end of the remaining cord must be connected to the power module and the other end must be connected to the wall outlet.
• Turn on the printer by pressing the power button next to the tray. Once the printer has been switched on, wait for the noise to subside before getting started with the next step.
• Open the ink cartridge access area by opening the flap behind the paper tray.
• Wait for the ink cartridge slots to reach the center.
• Unwrap the black cartridge and using the pink pull tab, peel away the transparent film without making any contact with the copper coloured contacts. Touching the ink nozzles or the copper contacts might lead to bad electrical connections and ink clogs.
• Insert the black cartridge into the second slot and follow the same steps to insert the tri-colour cartridge into the first slot.
You cannot proceed with the Printer Driver Installation process from 123.hp.com/setup 6524 if you haven’t installed the ink cartridges and loaded unused paper into the Paper Tray.
123 HP Deskjet 6524 Software Driver Download and Installation
Don’t connect the USB cable to the printer unless prompted to do so.
• Check if both your printer and your computer are turned on. Switch on your printer and system if it wasn’t already on and open a browser of your choice and go to 123.hp.com/setup 6524. Don’t connect the USB cable to the printer unless prompted to do so.
• Click the Download button to start the software driver download process.
• Once the download has been completed, open the software from the browser download bar.
• HP Easy Start Utility software opens and extracts the required files.
• Connect one end of the USB into the rear of the printer and the other end into the system, to connect the printer to the computer.
• Follow the instructions displayed on the screen to complete the installation of the software from 123.hp.com/setup 6524 .
If you cannot download the drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 6524, you can also download the software drivers from 123.hp.com/dj6524 .
123 HP Deskjet 6524 USB connection
Don’t connect the USB cable to the printer unless asked to do so by your system.
• Turn on the computer and insert the CD into the CD slot.
• The CD should be automatically detected by the HP software and the HP Easy Start Utility should be opened.
• In case the process doesn’t begin automatically, click on the software on the right hand side of the window.
• The .exe Setup file opens and begins extracting the required files for installation.
• Next, the Software Installation screen will be displayed, where a list of all the software installed is displayed.
• If you’ve already finished installing the ink cartridges and loaded unused paper, HP will ask you to move forward with the Installation process.
• Next, a list of all the software installation where a list of all the software installed will be displayed.
• To install selected software, you can use the Customize Software Selection button.
• Read HP’s terms and conditions and agree to them by clicking the appropriate options.
• The system now asks you to connect the USB cable.
• Plug one end of the USB cable into the rear of the printer and the other end into the system.
This completes the Installation of the software from the Installation CD. Keep reading to find out how to download and install the software from 123.hp.com/setup 6524 .
123 HP Deskjet 6524 Print Quality Issues
Sometimes, the print quality of the printer is not up to the mark. In such a case, follow the steps given below to resolve the issues.
• Check the authenticity of the HP cartridges that you’re using. Go to HP’s anti-counterfeit website to check if the cartridges you’re using are genuine.
• Let the printer rest for a while and then try printing the same document again.
• In case there are any photo papers in the tray, remove them as keeping them in the tray might cause the papers to react with roller.
• Don’t use wrinkled papers to print documents.
• Make sure that you’re using the right kind of paper. HP recommends that you use paper with Color Lok technology for everyday printing and HP Advanced Photo Paper for printing photographs.
• Some papers have a printing side and a non-printing side. The non-printing side is rough and has the logo of the manufacturer on it while the smooth side should be used for printing.
• Print a diagnostic report to locate the issue. If the printer diagnostic report doesn’t have any smears, discolourations or defects then the printer doesn’t have any issue. Contact HP support for help in this case.
• Check the ink levels of your cartridges and replace the ink cartridges if the ink level is low.
Follow the steps given in the next section to replace the ink cartridges. Download the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 6524 .
123 HP Deskjet 6524 Replacing ink cartridges
• Turn on the printer if it wasn’t on already.
• Open the ink cartridge access area and wait for the ink cartridge slots to reach the center. Wait for the printer to fall silent before proceeding further.
• Press the cartridge down to remove it from the slot.
• Remove the wrapper from the new cartridge and peel away the transparent film on the copper coloured contacts.
• Insert the cartridge into the slot without touching the copper coloured contacts and push it into place.
• In the same way, insert the remaining cartridge into the slot.
123 HP Deskjet Wireless Setup Wizard
The Wireless Setup Wizard helps your printer to the network. It is only available for printers with a display control panel. Follow the steps given below to connect your printer to the network wirelessly.
• Collect the network name (SSID) and password.
• From the control panel’s main menu, go to the Network menu, touch the Wireless icon and go to Settings.
• In the settings menu, select the Wireless Setup Wizard.
• The Wireless Setup Wizard will now search for printers in the area and display the list of networks in the area.
• Select the name of the network that you wish to connect your network to and enter the password. Note that passwords are case-sensitive and therefore must be entered with the correct case letters.
• In case you cannot see the name of network displayed on your control panel, you can manually enter it using the on-screen keyboard.
• If your printer isn’t connected to the network, you can print a test report to fix the issue.
Now, you can download the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 6524 .
123 HP Deskjet 6524 Cleaning Ink cartridges
Make sure you have the following things before start cleaning your cartridges
• Lint-free cloth, dry foam rubber swabs so that the cloth doesn’t leave any residue on the nozzle area.
• Sheets of clean paper.
• Distilled, filtered or bottled drinking water.
• Remove the cartridge from its slot and place it on a clean sheet of paper.
• Wet the cloth or swab in distilled or drinking water and clean the part around the ink nozzle.
• Let the cartridges dry on the clean sheet of paper.
• Insert the cartridges into the slot again.