123.hp.com/setup 9010 | 123 HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 Features
The bulky HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 will be the perfect fit for your bustling, small office with its low printing costs and extra functionality. You can download the required software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 9010 or 123.hp.com/ojpro9010
The OfficeJet Pro armed with a large colour touch screen with a less than fabulous touch response. Although the printer has many features, the inability to print only photos and not documents is a bit disappointing.
As for printing and copying speeds, the OfficeJet Pro shines but the quality of text is only a little above average which unexpected given the cost of buying the printer. Keep reading to find out more on the specifications of HP OfficeJet Pro 9010.
Some important specifications for the HP OfficeJet Pro 9010
- Print speed (B/W): 24 ppm
- Print speed (colour): 20 ppm
- Paper Input Tray: 250 sheets, can be expanded to accommodate 500 sheets.
- Paper Output Tray: 150 sheets
- Automatic Document Feeder: 50 sheets
- Connectivity: Wireless, ePrint, AirPrint, Mopria
- Other highlights: Instant Ink, scan to e-mail, fax to e-mail.
123.hp.com/ojpro9010 | 123 HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 Unboxing
- From the printer box, remove the installation and setup guides.
- Next, remove the Instant Ink guide and the piece of cardboard on top.
- Pry out the cartridges and keep them aside. Also keep aside the power cord, fax cord and the installation CD. You can also download and install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 9010 without using the Installation CD
- Tilt the printer box, lay it on the surface of the table and pull out the Styrofoam caps on either side of the printer.
- Pull the printer out of the box using the plastic cover on the printer.
- Set the box aside for recycling and remove the plastic cover on the printer.
- Remove the blue tapes on the printer surface and the protective film on it.
- Also, remove the other packaging materials inside the ink cartridge area and the scanner area.
- Open the Paper Tray and remove the blue tapes and the packaging materials.
- Similarly, peel away the tapes on the back of the printer.
Next, you can switch on and initialize the printer.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 Initial Setup
- Take the power cord and remove the twist tie.
- Now, plug in one end of the cord into the rear of the printer and the other end into the wall outlet.
- Switch on the printer by pressing the power button.
- Once the printer switched on, select the language by scrolling through the list of languages displayed on the control panel.
- Similarly, select the country in which your HP Officejet Pro 9010 printer located.
- Next, set the date and time on your printer.
- You can either choose the HP Product Tour or Continue with the Setup process.
- Select if the printer will be self-managed or IT managed in the next screen. HP will provide a different configuration and setup if your printer is IT managed.
- Press Continue to move on to the next step.
The printer will then ask you to install the ink cartridges and load paper into the Paper Tray before downloading the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 9010
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 Installing Ink cartridges
Once the software driver downloaded from 123.hp.com/setup 9010, it’ll check if you’ve installed the ink cartridges and loaded unused paper before installing the required drivers.
Follow the steps given below to install the ink cartridges.
- To open the ink cartridge access area, lift up and slide back the ink cartridge access door and wait for the ink carriages to reach the center.
- Take the cartridges that you kept aside earlier and remove the plastic on the cartridges.
- Next, remove the transparent film on the copper coloured contacts without touching them and insert the cartridges into the slot according to the colours. Press them into place until you hear it snap into place.
Once the cartridges have installed, the system will ask you to load unused paper into the Paper Tray.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 Loading Unused Paper
- Pull out the Paper Tray from the printer and align a stack of papers on a hard surface.
- Slide the paper width guides apart. Although the tray can hold only 250 sheets, its capacity can expanded to 500 sheets.
- Insert the stack of papers into the tray and adjust the paper width guides.
- Close the Paper Tray and touch OK to continue with the HP Printer initialization. This process takes about seven minutes after which the printer prints out an alignment sheet.
Once the alignment is complete, a printer test sheet printed, facing towards the printer. The alignment process tells the printer where the ink must sprayed in order to make sure that you have the best print quality.
Next, the printer will ask you to go to 123.hp.com/setup 9010 to download the software drivers for your printer.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 Wireless Setup and Driver Installation
Before beginning with the Installation process, the printer will ask you to select the mode of connection. If you’re going to setup your printer wirelessly, select the Wireless option and wait for the printer to search for the routers available within its range. Then, follow the steps given below to connect your printer to the computer and download the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 9010
- Once you’ve selected the required network, enter the password to connect your printer to the Wireless Network.
- You can also use the WPS to connect your printer to the network.
- Now the printer control panel displays a Connection Successful message along with some details and asks if you would like to setup Web services.
- Next, select how frequently you would like to install printer updates and allow HP to collect some printer data.
- In the next screen, select the mode of usage of your printer and Confirm to lock your selection.
- On your system, open a browser of your choice and go to hp.com/setup 9010
- Then click the Download button and wait for the download to complete.
- Once the download is complete, open the HP Easy Start by clicking the software on the browser download bar.
- Follow the instructions to finish the installation of the software driver.
- Enter the required information to complete the installation.
This completes the download and installation of the software from 123.hp.com/setup 9010
The drivers can also be downloaded and installed from 123.hp.com/ojpro9010
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 ePrint service
Printing from anywhere becomes a no-hassle as long as you have HP’s ePrint service. Setup Web services on your printer to use ePrint and send print jobs to your printer’s e-mail address.
- Touch the Setup icon on the printer control panel.
- Then, select Web Services Setup.
- Now read through and agree to the terms and conditions by touching the Accept button. This will enable Web Services on your printer.
- Then allow the printer to automatically install updates by tapping OK
- Now select the Printer Driver Update options in the next screen.
- The printer will print an Information page if it connected to the internet.
- The information will have your printer e-mail address and instructions on how to customize the printer e-mail address.
- Now open an e-mail application from any device and type your printer’s e-mail address in the To line. Don’t insert multiple e-mail addresses in the To line as the printer will reject the print job.
- Then make sure that your document is less than 10 MB before pressing Send.
- The printer will now print your documents.
You can manage print settings using the HP Connected account. The ePrint doesn’t require the installation of software drivers other than the ones installed from 123.hp.com/setup 9010 or 123.hp.com/ojpro9010
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 Wi-Fi Direct
Wi-Fi Direct helps your printer connect to your device without connecting to a wireless network. Follow the steps given below to setup Wi-Fi Direct on your printer. Up to five devices can connected using Wi-Fi Direct. To use the Wi-Fi Direct option, make sure that you’ve already downloaded and installed the drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 9010 or 123.hp.com/ojpro9010. This can also used even if your printer connected using a Wired connection.
- Scroll through the list on the printer control panel and choose Wi-Fi Direct.
- Now tap the Settings icon and select the Settings icon.
- Turn on Wi-Fi Direct by tapping on it.
- Then install the HP Print service plug-in on your device if you’re printing from a mobile device.
- Open the document that you want to print and select the print option.
- Switch on the Wi-Fi on your device and in the list of available networks, select the name of your HP Printer. It should be of the format DIRECT-**-HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 where ** are the characters unique to your printer.
- Once your device connected to the printer, the document starts printing.