123.hp.com/setup 120 | 123 HP Envy 120 Features
At first glance, the HP Envy 120 is a sleek black box with no visible scanner lid, paper tray or even a power button. A closer glance shows that the scanner lid is see through. And made of glass which means you can see the whole scanning process. Then the front panel is also made of glass and elevates itself to a 45 degree angle when switched on. Though the HP Envy 120 is a suave model designed to impress with its looks. Download the Software drivers from 123.hp.com/envy120
It disappoints a little bit when it comes to print speed which ranges around 2.1 ppm. The print quality for both text and graphics are satisfactory. But the printer is not all that bad with its Duplex printing mode. And also has an option to print from USB or memory cards. Then the HP Envy 120 is the perfect choice if you prefer stylish looks and a decent print speed. Download the software drivers from 123.hp.com/envy120 or from 123.hp.com/setup 120. So that you can enjoy full-functionality of your printer.
123 HP Envy 120 Unboxing
With the HP Envy 120 printer, it seems as though the stylishness is not limited to the printer. The box that it comes in gives off a classy briefcase feel with the black color and the handle on top. Keep reading to find out where to look for packaging materials and remove them.
• Then open the lid of the box and lay it on the table.
• Next,lift the cover of the box and remove the black cardboard box and the cartridges on the side. The cardboard box has a power cord, installation CD and ink cartridges. This Installation CD used to install the software drivers. Instead of downloading the software drivers from 123.hp.com/envy120
• Now take the printer out of the box, remove the packaging materials on the sides. slide away the printer from the transparent plastic cover.
• Then peel away all the blue tapes and the transparent films on all the surfaces of the printer.
• Next open the scanner area and remove the Styrofoam sheet placed on the scanner glass. Close the scanner lid again
• Open the ink cartridge access area beneath the scanner area. And remove the packaging materials. Close the ink access area again.
• Then pull out the Paper Input Tray and check for any packaging materials. Remove the packaging materials if any and push the paper width guides away from each other.
Now switched on your printer to align.
123 HP Envy 120 Installing Ink cartridges
- To install the ink cartridges, first switch on the printer. Take the printer power cord from the black cardboard box that you kept aside. Connect one end into the rear of the printer and the other end into a wall outlet. Avoid using power strips to prevent power issues. Now switch on the printer by using the touch sensitive power button on the front panel. Once the printer is on, you can begin installing the ink cartridges. Then if you’ve already installed the ink cartridges and loaded unused papers into the tray. Skip Software driver download. This tells you how to download and install the software from 123.hp.com/envy120.
- • Then open the ink cartridge access area and open the ink cartridge lock lever.
- • Now tear away the wrapper from the cartridge and using the orange pull tab. Peel away the transparent film on the copper contacts. Do not touch the copper contacts or the ink nozzles as it might result in bad electrical connections.
- • Next insert the cartridge into the correct slot. Close the lock lever such that the cartridge snaps into place.
- • Then repeat the same procedure for the remaining cartridge.
- The printer now checks if the cartridges installed are genuine. Now asks you to load unused paper into the paper tray.
123 HP Envy 120 Loading Unused Paper
To load unused Paper into the Paper Tray, touch the Paper Tray icon next to the Wireless LED icon. The front panel then opens and the tray slides out.
• Next align a stack of paper on the hard surface and insert the stack of paper into the tray.
• Once you’ve inserted the stack of paper into the tray, press the Paper Tray icon again.
The paper tray slides in and the front panel closes again. Then test page will have some useful information about your printer so you can save it for later use. Next, the printer will ask how you’d like to connect your printer. This Setup guide instructs you for wireless setup of your printer. Read the next section to find out wireless connection of your printer to the system .
123 HP Envy 120 Wireless Setup Wizard
Wireless Setup Wizard helps your printer connect to the network. Connect your system to the same network as the printer. Download and install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/envy120. You can either use the Wi-Fi Protected Setup or the Wireless Setup Wizard to connect your printer to the wireless network. Gather your network name (SSID) and the WPA passphrase and password before you begin with the Wireless network.
• Next once you’ve chosen the type of connection as Wireless, the control panel automatically searches for networks nearby. Make sure that your router switched on and within the detectable range of the printer.
• Then select the name of the network that you want to connect to and enter the password. Enter the password with the correct case letters as passwords are case-sensitive. The printer now attempts to connect to the network.
If your printer is already connected to your network using a wired connection. Visit HP’s support website to learn how to change the Wired connection to a Wireless connection. If the printer hasn’t detected the network, try entering the name of your network manually using the on-screen keyboard. Like passwords, network names are case sensitive too so make sure that you enter the correct network name. You can now proceed to download and install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/envy120.
123 HP Envy 120 Software Driver and Installation
It’s always a better idea to download and install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/envy120. The Installation CD might not have the latest software driver version. If you’re a new version of an operating system comes out after you’ve bought the printer. Follow the steps given below to download and install the software drivers for you HP Envy 120
• Now first open a browser of your choice and go to 123.hp.com/envy120
•Next click the download button. Once the download completes, click on the HP Easy Start Utility. On the download bar of the browser.
• HP Easy Start Utility now begins extracting the required files.
• Then follow the instructions on screen to complete the Driver installation.
Now during the installation process, your printer should detect the computer. Otherwise, select the name of your printer from the list. Make sure that you’ve also enabled the HP Auto Connect option. So that all the wireless settings applied from the computer to your printer.
123 HP Envy 120 Troubleshooting
If your printer is running into issues, this guide will help you fix these issues. the print quality wasn’t as expected, try one or all the following steps to fix the issue.
• First check if you’re using genuine HP cartridges. Always use genuine HP cartridges to ensure that the print quality is high. Verify the authenticity of your HP cartridges by visiting HP’s anti-counterfeit website.
• Then check the ink levels in your cartridge and replace them if they are empty
• Now let the printer rest for about 30 minutes before you assign the same printing job to your printer again.
• Then place the paper in the correct orientation on the Paper Tray. And use the right kind of papers recommends by HP to print your documents. Don’t use papers that have wrinkles and make sure that you store photo papers in a re sealable plastic bag.
Visit HP’s official website to troubleshoot the printing issues if they persist
123 HP Envy 120 ePrint service
The ePrint service is for Web enabled HP printers. It lets you send print jobs to your printer from anywhere with an active internet connection. Send the print job your printer’s e-mail id, it prints documents when switched on. You can also manage your printer’s print jobs using your HP Connect account. Although you can’t mail files that exceed 10 MB to your printer, not having to install extra drivers. Download and install from 123.hp.com/envy120 to makes this an attractive Web Service option.
123 HP Envy 120 Wireless Direct
HP Envy 120’s wireless direct connection lets any kind of Wi-Fi device connect to your printer. It wont get connected to the Wi-Fi . It needs an app, downloaded it to use this feature. Note that the Wireless Direct feature will not let you use the internet. while connect to the printer. The Wireless Direct can connect up to 5 devices at a time. Download and install software drivers from 123.hp.com/envy120.
123 HP Envy 120 Google Cloud Print
The Google Cloud Print service is another web-based service like the ePrint service. It only requires a Gmail address, chrome browser and your cloud-based Envy 120 printer. You can send print jobs to your printer irrespective of the type of connection (Wired or Wireless). Google’s servers delete the documents so there will be no issues of security breach.