HP Officejet Printer Setup & Support
This page will tell you how to install the basic and full-feature drivers for your HP OfficeJet printers. You’ll also find solutions for the most commonly-faced printer issues.
If you’re stuck on any step, make sure to call us to get a hassle-free OfficeJet Printer tech support experience.
The OfficeJet Printers are robust and built specifically for small offices and houses that need to print documents often. Some OfficeJet printers also have the Instant Ink subscription program that will drastically cut costs on printing.
123.hp.com/setup | HP OfficeJet Printers- Unboxing
- First, open the flaps of the cardboard box and remove the power cord and installation guides.
- Next, remove the packaging materials that are on the HP OfficeJet Printer.
- Tilt the printer box and lay it on a hard surface.
- Then, gently drag the printer out of the box and remove the Styrofoam caps on either side.
- Next, take the printer out of the transparent cover carefully.
- Now, remove all the blue tapes on the printer.
- Then, open the scanner glass lid and remove the Styrofoam sheet on the scanner glass.
- Close the scanner glass lid and open the ink cartridge access area of the printer.
- Next, remove the packaging materials in the ink cartridge access area. Close the ink cartridge access area when you’re done.
123.hp.com/setup | HP OfficeJet Printer-Initialization
- First, take the power cord and insert the power cord into the rear of the printer.
- Next, press the power button to switch on your HP OfficeJet Printer.
- Now, select the language, press Yes to confirm the selection and select the region in the same way.
- Then, set the date and tap Next.
- Similarly, set the time and tap Done.
HP OfficeJet Printer-How to install Ink cartridges
- First, open the ink cartridge access area. You’ll see that the ink cartridges slots are located on the extreme right.
- Next, take any one of the ink cartridges, unwrap it and peel away the tape on the electrical contacts.
- Then, open the cartridge lock-lever lid and insert the cartridge into the slot according to the colour of the cartridge.
- Similarly, insert the remaining cartridge into its ink cartridge slot.
HP OfficeJet Printers-Loading Unused Papers
- First, open the Paper Input Tray on the front and slide the paper width guides away from each other.
- Next, align a stack of sheets on a hard surface and insert the stack into the Paper Tray.
- Then, close the Paper Tray and wait for the printer to detect the set of unused sheets.
- Once the printer has detected the stack, it begins the alignment process and starts printing out an alignment sheet.
- You must scan the alignment sheet to finish the alignment process.
- First, open the scanner glass lid and place the alignment sheet print-side down on the glass.
- Then, close the lid and tap OK to scan the page.
- Once you’ve scanned the page, the OfficeJet printer’s display will show an Alignment Successful message on the display.
- In case the alignment process was not completed properly, visit HP’s website to find troubleshooting tips.
123.hp.com/setup | HP OfficeJet Printers- Wireless Setup Wizard
Follow the steps below to connect your printer to the Wireless network manually.
- First, press the Wireless button on the Home Screen.
- Next, tap the Settings icon.
- The Wireless Settings menu opens. Move the slider towards the ON position and tap Wireless Setup Wizard.
- The OfficeJet printer begins searching for Wireless networks within the range of the printer.
- You can click on the name of the wireless network to connect to it.
- Next, enter the wireless network password and press Done and OK to connect to the network.
Make sure that you use the correct case letters to connect the printer to the Wireless network.
Next, you must install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup
HP OfficeJet Printers-Software Driver Installation
- Make sure that your computer is active and connected to the same network as your Wireless Printer.
- Next, go to hp.com/setup and enter the name of your printer and its model number.
- Press Search and wait for the website to show the relevant results.
- Now, press the Download button and wait for HP Easy Start Utility to finish downloading on your system.
- Open the HP Easy Start Utility from the browser download bar.
- Grant the required permissions to Windows.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation process.
- In order to install just the basic drivers, select the basic driver option when the software asks you to choose between basic and full-feature drivers.
- Basic drivers will let you only print documents while the full-featured drivers will give you access to all of the printer’s features.
This completes the download and installation of the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup
HP OfficeJet Printers- How to Scan
Note that you should’ve downloaded and installed the full-feature software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup
- First, open the Scanner glass lid and place the document that you’ve to scan, print-side down on the scanner glass.
- Next, go to the Home Menu on your printer control panel.
- Then, touch the Scan button.
- Now, select the type of file you’d like to save your scanned document.
- Then, tap the Scan button to start the scan process.
Once the scanning process is done, open the scanner glass and remove the page. Repeat the same steps for multiple pages.
HP OfficeJet Printer- How to Scan to e-mail
- First, search for HP printer in your system.
- Then, open the HP Printer Assistant.
- Next, click Scan a Document or Photo so that HP Scan opens.
- Then, select a Scanning shortcut. You can choose between plenty of options like Scan to e-mail, scan to pdf, e-mail as jpeg, etc. In this case, you must choose the Scan to e-mail option.
- In case you wish to make any changes to the settings you can do so in the right pane.
- Next, select the Show Scan preview or Show viewer after Scan to preview and edit the scan before saving it.
- Then, you can also change where the scan is saved by clicking the Change Destination option.
HP OfficeJet Printers- How to fix Printer Offline Problem
Follow the steps below to fix the Printer Offline problem.
- First, download the HP Print and Scan doctor from HP’s website.
- Next, open the software and click the Start option.
- Then, choose your printer and click Fix Printing.
- HP Print and Scan doctor determines what is wrong with your printer and displays the results on the screen.
- If your printer still goes offline, check if your HP OfficeJet Printer is set as the default printer.
- To do this, search for Devices and Printers in the search bar of your Windows device.
- Next, right-click on the default printer. If you see that there’s a tick next to Pause Printer and Use Printer Offline, click to remove the ticks and try printing again.
- If this doesn’t work try to reset the printer and then try to print the document again.
In case none of the above steps work, call us to get your printer fixed right away.
123.hp.com/setup | HP OfficeJet Printer Reset
Follow the steps below to reset your HP OfficeJet printer.
- First, switch on your HP OfficeJet printer. If it is already switched on, make sure that the printer is active.
- Now, pull out the power cord from the rear printer port.
- Next, plug out the power cord fitted to the wall outlet.
- Let the printer sit for about 60 seconds.
- Then, connect the power cord ends to the rear of the printer and the wall outlet respectively.
- Lastly, switch on your HP OfficeJet and try printing the document again.