HP DeskJet 2600 password setup
Instructions to set a new wireless direct password
- You can change the HP DeskJet 2600 password setup by using the HP DeskJet 2600 printer’s control panel or Embedded web server.
- Printer’s control panel: Select Administration settings or HP DeskJet 2600 printer Then choose Network settings, network setup or networking.
- Select Wireless Direct or Wi-Fi Direct , then choose Wireless Direct password or Wi-Fi Direct Password.
- The screen will get displayed where you can set or change the desired password
- Touch ok and choose finish. The “settings were saved successfully” message will get displayed
- To set or change the wireless direct password using Web embedded server using any device that has wireless capabilities
- Embedded Web Server: To start with this process you have to identify your wireless network from the list of available wireless network
- Connect your device to the HP DeskJet 2600 printer. You can easily locate the printer’s IP address either from printer’s control panel or by the configuration page.
- In your device, open the web browser and enter the IP address on the address bar and click search or press enter
- In some cases, the web browser might warn you that getting into this page may cause damage to your device and it is not safe.
- Choose to continue the process by selecting “proceed to your IP address” on Google chrome or “Add exception” on Mozilla Firefox
- Choose the networking tab on the embedded web server. If the Networking tab is not visible then you should sign in as administrator.
- In networking tab, select the wireless direct setup, you can set your wireless direct password under the settings.
- After entering the password click Apply to save the changes.
- A configuration Result tab will get displayed mentioning that the password changes have been made successfully
Retrieve the wireless password:
- To set a wireless HP DeskJet 2600 printer and other wireless device you need the wireless password of the network.
- You can identify the password using the computer that has been connected to that wireless network.
- Search for view network connections on the device which has been connected to the wireless network
- Choose View network connection from the result and select your Wi-Fi network
- After selecting the Wi-Fi network. Right click on the Wi-Fi network and choose status. Select the wireless properties and click the security tab. To see the network security key check the show characters box.
- Using this Security password you can connect any other devices into the network.