HP DeskJet 5088 Gets Online
If you can print in your printer, then your HP DeskJet 5088 printer is online. Sometimes, a condition may occur which affects the printer’s connectivity with the network and computer.
There may be several reasons but the main reason is HP DeskJet 5088 offline. If your printer flaunts an offline status message or printer offline error, the printer will not print. The connectivity between the devices gets totally lost in these conditions.
Due to some bad network conditions, the HP DeskJet 5088 gets offline. Walk through the below information to get HP DeskJet 5088 online
HP Print and Scan doctor connectivity check
HP offers a free tool for its customers named HP Print and Scan Doctor. It is tool that helps to self diagnose the printing problem and resolve by itself. Get your HP Print and Scan Doctor http://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/patches/HPPSdr.exe from here. It will perform various troubleshooting tasks known to finish this issue.
Start on the Welcome screen. Click next after selecting your printer. Click Fix printing. View the list of actionable results in the HP Print and Scan Doctor results screen.
- White checkmarks are seen if the printer passed the tests. Click Test Printor click
- A white Wrench is seen if the Print and Scan Doctor found the issue and repaired it. Click Test Printor click Skip
- Yellow exclamation points are seen if the test failed and require user action but the step was skipped.
Click Test Print or click Skip. A red X is seen to follow the on-screen instructions to resolve the issue.
HP DeskJet 5088 printer reset and status check
- Reset HP DeskJet 5088 printer to refurbish a connection to the computer.
- If the HP DeskJet 5088 printer is off, turn it ON and check the status.
- Terminate troubleshoot if your printer starts behave normally. If the problem still persists, you start from printing jobs from the queue.
- Your printer might be online if it goes to an idle state after its startup routine. Continue the steps, if your printer is still offline
- Disconnect the power cord from the printer as the printer is turned on
- Unplug the printer and wait for sixty seconds
- Restart the computer while you are waiting
- Plug the power cord and connect it to the printer.
- Press the power button if the printer does not turn ON by itself.
- Check whether the printer is connected to the computer or network.
Try to print. If you can print, the printer is online. Otherwise proceed to next step.