123.hp.com/envy7164 | HP Envy 7164 Printer Support
123 HP Envy 7164 Features
You can connect the HP envy 7164 using auto wireless connection. It also provides easy mobile printing. The printer also supports duplex i.e., double sided printing and wireless direct printing. Download the printer driver from the link 123.hp.com/envy7164.
123 HP Envy 7164 Pros & Cons
HP envy 7164 printers come with XL cartridges and it is designed compactly. Lower price and power consumption is a main advantage. Disadvantages include random errors, slow and low quality print and tri-color ink system.
123.hp.com/setup 7164 – HP Envy 7164 Printer
- HP envy printers are highly reliable and stylish. You can use these printers everywhere. Download the printer drivers from the link 123.hp.com/envy7164.
- These printers play a dual-purpose role as you can use this printer for any application. Scan, copy or fax multipage documents using the HP Envy printers.
- You can connect the printer using any network type like Ethernet, Wi-Fi and USB. Use your HP Envy printers anywhere as it supports Wi-Fi features.
- As the HP Envy printers support free services like ePrint, Air Print, Google’s cloud print. HP also provides many other free services so that you can print documents easily using these features. You must download and install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/envy7164
- HP Envy printers are hi-tech printers that allow you to print highly reliable documents.
- As HP Envy printers help you handle paper in a better way, it is suited for any use. It also provides very high speed printing.
- Scan, print and enjoy with Envy printers as it creates lab-quality photos in simple steps. The main advantage is that you can use your smart devices like smartphones, tablets and laptops to print using HP ePrint.
123.hp.com/setup 7164 – HP Envy 7164 Printer Features
- The printer can handle up to 25 sheets using Automatic page feeder(ADF). Duplex printing also known as two-sided printing is also possible using the Envy printers.
- HP Envy printers help you print borderless, lab-quality photos and laser-sharp documents from your home.
- Some of the solutions in our websites for HP Envy printers are Scanner Settings, Wireless Setup, First time printer setup, Installation Setup, Driver download, software download, Printer Offline, ePrint Setup, AirPrint Setup, Paper jam issues and many more.
- Browse through our website for best solutions to your printer issues and queries.
- The HP Envy printer has an XL cartridge that is a huge volume cartridge at a lower price. It also helps in power consumption at a lower rate.
- You can connect HP Envy printers in many ways. They are HP auto wireless connect, WPS(Wi-Fi protected Setup), Wireless setup Wizard and using the USB connection. After connecting your printer to the wireless network, you can download the software drivers from 123.hp.com/envy7164
- Initially, visit 123.hp.com/envy7164 and download the drivers site or go to 123.hp.com and enter your model number in the web page. The webpage will redirect you to the HP 7164 printer page.
- Then, check for the Operating system compatibility before downloading the printer software.
- Next, select the network type and send wireless information to the printer using USB connection.
- Then, switch on the power button to start the installation. In the control panel, you will have the icons to make the printing easy.
- Next, gather items like SSID and password and switch on the printer. Click the setup button and click network menu using the control panel.
- Then, click on Wireless Setup Wizard and choose your default wireless network name and type your password.
- Now, follow the onscreen instructions to finish the setup . You will successfully connect to the wireless network after completing the above steps.
123 HP Envy 7164 Printer connection using USB
- First, visit 123.hp.com/envy7164 and download the software driver.
- Then, check for the compatibility of your printer in your operating systems and select the network type either wired or wireless network.
- Next, connect the printer to an electrical outlet and switch on your printer.
- Now, connect the USB to computer and the rear of the printer as the USB has two ends.
123 HP Envy 7164 Printer Setup for Mac
USB Printer Setup
To setup the printer in a USB cable connection, follow the below step-by-step procedure and complete the setup successfully
1. Printer setup preparation
- First, switch on the printer and get a USB cable less than 3 m in length. Then, download the printer from the link 123.hp.com/envy7164.
- Don’t use a USB docking station to connect the USB cable.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the printer. Then, reconnect the cable only if the software prompts you during the installation setup of driver.
2. Software Driver Download
- First, download and install the most current version of software for your printer. Then, follow the instructions below to download the full feature driver.
- Now, visit the site 123.hp.com and type your printer model.Alternatively go directly to 123.hp.com/envy7164 . Click Begin and follow the guided driver installation app to download the driver. Otherwise, HP will redirect you to the HP software and driver download page for full feature driver installation.
- Then, check whether HP scan or HP Easy Scan is you choice if the full scan functionality is available in your printer when the Install screen is displayed.
- Next, follow the instructions that appear on the screen and open the downloaded file to initialize the setup wizard if HP Easy Start is downloaded in your computer.
- Next, select the connection type as USB, as we are setting up the printer in an USB a connection. Then, the USB connection is successful. You can now terminate the procedures.
- If Easy start fails or your printer is not in 123.hp.com, you can also type your printer model and check for the compatibility of your operating system.
3. Driver installation and connection setup (USB)
- Visit the support.hp.com or 123.hp.com/envy7164 to download the software and driver for your printer by entering your printer model and operating system compatibility.
- Then, click Download next to HP Easy Start under Driver-Product Installation Softwareor the full feature driver and open HP Easy start file of the HP .dmg file in the downloads to start the installation.
- Next, select the USB connection when you are prompted by the installer to choose the printer connection type.
- Then, check whether HP Scan or HP Easy Scan is selected if full scan functionality is enabled in your printer in the Install screen.
- Next, click Add Printer to create a print queue when you are prompted by the installer.
- You will then notice the Add window opening in the screen. Download the printer from the link 123.hp.com/envy7164.
- Next, select the printer name, by clicking the Use or Print Using menu, and choose the name of your printer to add by clicking the
- You are now provided with a Generic driver option which will lead to limited printer functionality. Complete the installation and try printing or any other printing functionality.
123 HP Envy 7164 Wireless Printer Setup
1. Installation Preparation
- First, you have to gather the requirements to setup the wireless network connection in your printer. Some of the mandatory requirements are network name also known as the SSID (Service Set Identifier), network password called the WEP key or WPA security passphrase, a computer with a wireless network connection and internet access in broadband connection is highly recommended as it is helpful in software downloads and printer updates using the web services. Download the printer also from the link 123.hp.com/envy7164.
- Then, check whether you have switched on the computer, printer and the router. They should also be in a steady state and to start to work.
- Then, connect the printer and the computer on the same wireless network. Keep the printer closer to the computer and also within the range of the router.
- Lastly, remove the USB cable or Ethernet cable from the printer during the setup. Connect the USB cable only if the control panel prompts you.
2. Wireless network connection
- Use the Wireless Setup Wizard to connect to the wireless network in an easy way.
- Then, check whether your printer is switched on and turn on the printer if it is not turned on.
- Next, click the Wireless icon in the control panel and you will notice the Wireless Summary screen displays
- Then, click Settings->Wireless Setup Wizard and follow the instructions that appear on the screen to connect the printer to your wireless network. Download the printer software driver also from the link 123.hp.com/envy7164.
3. Driver Download
- Visit the website 123.hp.com and enter your printer model into the search box that is available on the top of the webpage. You can also directly go to 123.hp.com/envy7164.
- You will also see relevant printer when you start entering your printer model manually. Now, select you printer model and click Begin.
- HP will now redirect you to the software and driver downloads page after this. Then, click Download to start the download
- Now, click on the file that is available in the download folder in the name xxxxxx.dmg once the download has finished.
- Then, double click HP Inkjet SW on the installer window and follow the instructions that appear on the screen and complete the setup.
- Lastly, close the installation software once the system prompts you. The HP Utility software now opens and the system will display the HP Utility Setup window.
4. Software Driver installation
- Choose the name of your printer in the HP Utility Setup Window, and click Continue.
- Add your printer by clicking Add Printer. You will notice the Add window displaying on your screen.
- Select the name of your printer and check whether you select the printer under which Bonjour is listed
- Select the name of your printer by clicking the Use or Print Using Click Add to add the printer to the list.
- Click Continue and follow the instructions that appear on the screen and finish the printer setup.
- Once you have also completed the setup successfully,Click Done.
123 HP Envy 7164 Printer Setup For Windows
Wireless Network Setup
Install the printer software and driver from the HP website in your windows computer. Connect the printer to network and setup the installation wizard.
1. Connection preparation
- You have to gather some of the important requirements like network name also known as the SSID(Service Set Identifier) , a network password which is also called WEP key or WPA security passphrase, a computer with a wireless network connection and an internet access( broadband internet connection is recommended as it helps to get printer updates and software downloads) if you are setting up the wireless network connection in your printer.
- Check whether the computer, printer and the router is switched on and they are in ready state.
- The computer and printer should be connected to the same wireless network.
2. Wireless network connection
- First, keep the computer closer to the printer also within the range of the router.
- Then, connect to the wireless network in simple steps using the Wireless Setup Wizard and manage the connection.
- Now, check whether your printer is turned on. Otherwise, switch it on by clicking on the power button.
- Now, click the Wireless icon on the control panel. You will notice the Wireless Summary appearing on the screen.
- Then, Click Settings and click Wireless Setup Wizard and follow the instructions that appear on the control panel to connect the printer to a wireless network.
3. Install the printer software
- The wireless network connection setup gets completed when you install the HP software installation.
- You can also use the software installation CD that comes along with the printer as an optional method.
- First, visit the 123.hp.com to download the printer software. Then, type the model number of your printer and click Begin. Alternatively, directly go to 123.hp.com/envy7164 and download.
- Now, Click Download, and then click Open, Save, or Run in any windows that display to download the driver to your computer.
- Next, follow the instructions that appear on the screen and complete the driver installation.