HP OfficeJet Pro 6830 e-All-in-One Printer User Manual
HP Officejet Pro 6830 Initial Setup
- Remove the HP Officejet Pro 6830 printer from the box and unbox all the packing materials from the printer.
- Remove the tapes after opening the scanner lid. The removed materials should be sent for recycling.
- Switch on the printer after making the power cord connections. The power cord connections should be made by placing it in between the rear of the printer and an electrical outlet.
- Set your preferences like language, region, time and date in the control panel. Click Continue after touching your language on the control panel.
- Click Continue Setup after clicking country/region. Click Continue after setting the month, day, and year. Click continue again to set the time and date.
- Push the photo tray and pull the input tray to open it. Slide out the paper width guides and insert the stack of paper in the tray until the paper stops.
- The paper width should rest in the edges of the paper. Push the input tray to lock it into place otherwise paper jam might occur.
- Open the cartridge access door. You will notice the Door Open screen on the control panel with an alert of the open door. Close the door to proceed the setup. Remove one of the cartridge from the package and touch only the black plastic on the cartridge.
- Remove the orange tape. Slide the new cartridge inside the printer in a way that the tri-color cartridge is placed in the left slot and black cartridge in the right slot. Repeat the same steps for installing other cartridges. Close the cartridge access door and continue to other steps.
- For alignment settings, touch the printer maintenance and Align Printer after clicking the Setup on the control panel. Follow the on screen instructions for completing the alignment setup.
- The printer software can be installed by using the installation CD which contains the software that is shipped along with your printer. Otherwise you can download the software from the official website http://123.hp.com/ojpro6830 where you will have the most updated software for download.
HP Officejet Pro 6830 Wireless printer Setup
HP Officejet Pro 6830 Airprint
- Installation requirements
- Setup a wireless network connection in your HP printer using the following requirements.
- Service Set Identifier(SSID) know as the network name. If you have a network, then you should have a password for the network. The password is also called as the WEP key or WPA security passphrase, a computer with broadband internet connection and an internet access.
- Switch on your computer and printer and check whether your computer and printer are at the same network and make your printer to be in the range of the router during installation. Disconnect the USB or Ethernet cable from the printer.
- Connecting to wireless network Use the wireless setup wizard to easily connect the printer to the wireless network and manage the wireless connection to your printer. Follow the below instructions.
- Press the wireless button on the control panel as the initial step. You will notice the display of Wireless menu .
- Follow the onscreen instructions to connect the printer to your wireless network
- Driver installation
To download and install the most current version visit support.hp.com and type your model number. Or go to 123.hp.com/ojpro6830 directly. If you are not interested, you can go for the alternative method that is the installation CD.
- Visit 123.hp.com to enter your model number and click Begin to start the download. Or you can directly type in 123.hp.com/ojpro6830 in the browser.
- Click Download and follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
The AirPrint is supported by Apple iOS v4.2 and above and is a mobile printing solutions which help you in printing through iPad, iPod touch or other Apple devices.
You need an apple device with iOS 4.2 or later operating system, an HP printer which supports AirPrint and printer should be connected to the same wireless network like the apple device.
Wireless connection setup
You need to setup the either a Wireless connection or a HP wireless direct connection. Follow the below instructions to setup a network.
To connect to a wireless network connection, disconnect the USB cable and connect to the network. Click Setup, Network, or Wireless menu>Wireless Setup Wizard on the printer with control panel display and follow the on-screen instructions.
If you do not have a control panel display, press the Wireless button to turn on the wireless radio. Make sure that the wireless light is solid. If not, bring the printer close to the router. If you are not connected, continue to next section below.
To connect to a HP wireless direct connection, check whether there is a Wi-Fi direct/ HP wireless direct connection and press the Wi-Fi Direct/HP Wireless Direct button or go to the control panel settings and find the Wi-Fi Direct touch.
Click Settings on you Apple device and click Wi-Fi. You have to select your printer under the menu Choose a network and enter the password (default password is 12345678).
Turn on your printer. Open the file you want to print and click the Action icon to display menu options. Click Print > Select Printer and select you printer from the list of printers that are connected . To change other settings click options. This menu will appear only when your printer contains color ink.