123 HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 Features
The HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 is an inkjet printer best suited for short deadlines at your office. It’s brown with a matte finish and even has handles on either side to help you carry it around. The all-in-one printer is equipped with a paper tray that can handle up to 250 sheets at a time and spit out more than 10 sheets in a minute. The HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 also supports various mobile printing capabilities like ePrint and AirPrint. To download and install the software drivers for your HP OfficeJet Pro 9010, visit 123.hp.com/setup 9010 or 123.hp.com/ojpro9010
Given below are the specifications for your HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 printer
- Print speed (B/W): 15 ppm
- Paper Input Tray: 250 sheets
- Print speed (colour): 11ppm
- Paper Input Tray 2: 250 sheets
- Mobile Printing capabilities: HP ePrint, Air Print
- Paper Output Tray: 150 sheets
The next section tells you how to unbox your HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 printer.
123.hp.com/ojpro9010 | 123 HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 Unboxing
- First, open the cardboard box and keep the flaps to the sides.
- Next, remove the installation papers, software installation CDs and the printer manual.
- You can also download the drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 9010 or 123.hp.com/ojpro9010
- Then, take out the power cord, setup cartridges and the set of cartridges out of the pockets. Keep them aside.
- Next, remove the cardboard materials.
- Now, lift up the duplexer and keep it aside.
- Slide out the duplexer from the cardboard box and remove the plastic cover.
- Then, take out the second paper tray from the box and take off the cover.
- Finally, slide the printer out of the box.
- Take off the transparent covering on the printer.
- Peel away the blue tapes on the printer.
- Then, open the scanner glass lid and remove the Styrofoam sheet inside.
- Next, slide out the Paper Input Tray and remove the tapes and other packaging materials.
- Once you’re done, slide the Paper Tray back inside.
- Similarly, remove the packaging materials in the second Paper Tray.
- Open the ink cartridge access area and check for packaging materials.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 Printer Initialization
In this section, you’ll learn how to switch on your HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 all-in-one printer and do a basic initialization.
- Take the power cord that you kept aside and insert it into the power slot situated in the rear of the printer.
- Insert the other end of the power cord into the wall outlet.
- Now, switch on the printer by pressing the power button.
- Select your language by scrolling through the list.
- Then, press Yes to confirm the selection.
- Next, select the region in which your printer is located.
- Again, tap Yes to confirm your selection.
- In the next screen, tap Continue to proceed with the setup.
Your HP Printer starts initializing and once the process is complete, it asks you to install the duplexer. After installing the duplexer, you will be asked to install the ink cartridges, load paper and download drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 9010
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 Duplexer Installation
- Take the duplexer that you kept aside earlier.
- Next, slide it out of the cardboard box and remove the transparent covering.
- Then, remove the packaging materials on the printer if any.
- Turn the printer around and slide the duplexer into position. The slots are located beside the power and USB slots.
- Slide the duplexer until it fits perfectly into the slot.
Don’t use the buttons on the side unless you’re removing the duplexer.
The next section tells you how to install ink cartridges.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 Installing Ink Cartridges
Follow the steps below to install the ink cartridges.
- Open the ink cartridge access area beside the control panel.
- Wait for the ink cartridge slots to move to the center.
- Remove the plastic around the cartridges.
- Then, insert all the cartridges into the slot according to the colour. Make sure that they lock into place.
- The printer displays a “cartridge installation successful” message when you’ve successfully installed the ink cartridges.
- Press OK to clear the message and move on to the next step.
You can download the software from 123.hp.com/setup 9010 in a few steps.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 Loading Paper
- Open the Input Tray.
- Now, slide the paper adjustment width guides away from each other.
- Then, adjust a stack of plain papers on a hard surface.
- Next, insert the stack into the paper tray.
- Use the blue length adjustment guide to align the paper lengthwise.
- Slide the Input Tray back into the printer.
- Wait until the printer detects the paper and prints out an alignment sheet.
After you’ve connected the printer to your system, you can download and install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 9010
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 Wireless Setup Wizard
The printer will ask you how you prefer to connect the printer to the system. You can choose between Wired, Wireless and Ethernet connection.
This section tells you how to connect your HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 to the Wi-Fi.
- In this case, you will select the Wireless option.
- The printer automatically begins searching for wireless networks within the range of the printer.
- Select the name of your network and enter the password.
- Then, press Done to connect the printer to the network.
- The printer displays the network details.
- Press OK and wait for your HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 to connect to the wireless network.
Once the connection is complete, the printer asks you to install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 9010
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 Software Driver Installation
- Open a browser of your choice and go to hp.com/setup 9010
- Then, enter the name and model number of the printer in the search box and click Download.
- Click to open the software.
- The first screen will show the list of the software that is going to be installed on the screen.
- You can also customize the software selection in the next screen.
- Once you are done with the customization process, HP will ask you to go through and agree to its terms and conditions.
- Check the box next to agree to terms and conditions.
- Then, press Next to continue with the process.
- HP Software Utility begins installing the basic software drivers.
- Next, the printer asks you to select the type of connection.
- The software then verifies the wireless network.
- Enter the relevant details and follow the instructions on screen to complete the driver installation process.
This completes the installation of software from 123.hp.com/setup 9010
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 Air Print
Air Print lets you print documents on your HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 from your apple device. To setup AirPrint on your printer, follow the steps below.
- Touch the HP Wireless Direct icon on the control panel on the menu.
- Then, scroll through the list to find the Wi-Fi Direct or HP Wireless Direct button.
- Tap Wi-Fi on your iOS device.
- Next, select the name of your printer (it begins with DIRECT)
- If you’re asked for a password, enter it.
- Now, open the document on your phone and tap Share icon.
- Then, tap Print or the Print icon.
- Select the name of your printer from the printer menu.
- Change other settings such as the colour and number of copies by tapping the Options menu.
- Finally, tap Print to get the print job started.
To use the AirPrint and Wireless Direct features, you should have already downloaded and installed the software drivers from 123.hp.com/setup 9010 or 123.hp.com/ojpro9010.
123 HP OfficeJet Pro 9010 Fixing the Printhead
Note that this method requires a syringe and printhead solution designed specifically for cleaning printheads.
To fix the Printhead message, follow the steps given below.
- Switch on your HP OfficeJet Pro 9010. The printer now asks you to insert the ink cartridges.
- Then, open the ink cartridge access area and wait for the printhead or ink carriage slot to reach the center.
- Once the printhead reaches the center, remove all of the ink cartridges from the slot.
- Next, keep the cartridges aside and pull out the power cord.
- There’s a white lever right beside the printhead. Push the lever back to release the printhead from its position.
- Remove the printhead and place it in a dry container such that the springs face you.
- Now, insert the syringe that contains the printhead solution into the circular opening on the cartridge slot.
- Pump out the solution through the opening until all the ink is flushed out.
- Then, wipe the syringe on a clean towel and load it with solution and repeat the process.
- Once all of the ink is flushed out, dry the printhead and place it back on the slot in the printer.
- Then, put the latch back down and insert the ink cartridges in place.
Finally, try printing out a test page. Contact tech support if the issue lasts.