HP Printer Setup
The installation and primary setup of HP printer is given below. Follow the steps for easy installation. The contents in the printer package may vary by country/region. Check and compare the products that are listed in the package. This should be the initial step done, once you receive the printer package.
Unboxing the printer
The printer should be free from the packing materials for the proper functioning and working. So unboxing and removing the printer is the important and initial step in setting up your printer hardware
- Remove the printer from the box and unbox all the packing materials from the printer.
- The packing materials are also present inside the box. Remove the materials after opening the scanner lid.
- The removed materials should be sent for recycling. Be careful before turning on the printer because using the printer without unpacking properly may lead to serious printer damage.
Connecting the power cord and control panel settings
To run any electrical machine , you need power source and it is an important requirement. So connecting the power cord for proper and enough supply of power source to the printer is mandatory. Follow the steps and connect power cord and set your preferences to make better use of your HP printer
- Switch on the printer after making the power cord connections. The power cord connections should be made by placing it in between the rear of the printer and an electrical outlet.
- Set your preferences like language, region, time and date in the control panel. Click Continue after touching your language on the control panel. Click Continue Setup after clicking country/region.
- Click Continue after setting the month, day, and year. Click continue again to set the time and date.
Loading Paper into the tray
Paper is an important entity as we are still using the papers to print our print jobs although we use digitalized technologies. Load the paper into the main tray carefully for a better print.
- Push the photo tray and pull the input tray to open it. Slide out the paper width guides and insert the stack of paper in the tray until the paper stops.
- The paper width should rest in the edges of the paper. Push the input tray to lock it into place otherwise paper jam might occur.
- you can change the tray, paper size, and paper type settings if different from the paper you previously loaded, When the Have You Changed the Paper?screen displays or to keep the previous settings touch OK
Printer Software Installation
To print high quality documents, you definitely need a high yield ink at an affordable. HP printers provide highly reliable ink in a cost effective manner. It is your responsibility to install the ink cartridge in a correct manner and use it for a good cause
- Install the ink cartridges into the printer. Click Change Ink to view the demonstration of cartridge installation when you are prompted.
- Open the cartridge access door. You will notice the Door Open screen on the control panel with an alert of the open door.
- Close the door to proceed the setup. Remove one of the cartridge from the package and touch only the black plastic on the cartridge.
- Remove the orange tape. Slide the new cartridge inside the printer in a way that the tri-color cartridge is placed in the left slot and black cartridge in the right slot.
- Repeat the same steps for installing other cartridges. Close the cartridge access door and continue to other steps.
- For alignment settings, touch the printer maintenance and Align Printer after clicking the Setup on the control panel.
- Follow the on screen instructions for completing the alignment setup
Ink cartridge installation
Your computer needs to understand the printing software and driver as we use the printers to edit the documents that are to be printer. Although we use smart devices, majority of us will rely on computers only. So installing the software in a careful manner is more important
The printer software can be installed by using the installation CD which contains the software that is shipped along with your printer.
Otherwise you can download the software from the official websitehttp://123.hp.com where you will have the most updated software for download.