123.hp.com/oj100 | 123 HP OfficeJet 100 Features
OfficeJet 100 is an all-in-one printer suitable for students and home-office users.Then Setting up the printer is a piece of cake with the HP Smart App. You can also set it up using the Installation CD or download the software drivers from 123.hp.com/oj100. Read on to know more about the features, Wireless Printer Setup and troubleshooting with OfficeJet 100.
- Platforms: Windows and OS X
- Functions: Printing, scanning, faxing, copying
- USB Connection: available
- Ethernet Connection: Not Available
- Wireless Connection: Available
- Automatic Document Feeder capacity: 35 sheets
- Paper Input Tray capacity: 60 sheets
- Paper Output Tray capacity: 25 sheets
- Print speed (mono): 8.5 ppm
- Print speed (colour): 6.0 ppm
123 HP OfficeJet 100 printer Unboxing
- First remove the printer must from the cardboard box in which it came. Then cut through the tape carefully to open the box.
- First take out the pamphlets, guides and Installation CDs and the power cord of the printer. Then the CD can be used to install the drivers instead of downloading them from hp.com/oj100
- Next pull the printer out of the box using the plastic cover and remove the Styrofoam caps on either sides of the printer.
- Now remove all the blue tapes stuck on the printer.
- Next open the ink cartridge access area and take out the packaging materials. All of the packaging materials can be recycled.
123 HP OfficeJet 100 Initialization
Turn on the printer must first. Next connect one end of the power cord into the rear end of the printer and the other end of the power cord into the wall outlet. Avoid power strips to prevent printer power issues. Switch on the printer by using the power button.
- Once you turn On printer, wait for it to fall silent before moving further with the initialization process.
- The control panel of the printer now asks you to select a language and the region of your printer.
- Next, set the date and time of the printer.
The initialization process is now complete. After you already complete the initialization process, install ink cartridges and load paper, you can download the software drivers from 123.hp.com/oj100 or 123.hp.com/setup 100
123 HP Officejet 100 Ink cartridge Installation
Installing the ink cartridges in the OfficeJet 100 is a tricky affair. The printer itself has a video that covers the Installation process. However, given below are the steps for installation.
- First open the ink cartridge access area by opening both the trays below the control panel.
- Next unwrap the tri-colour cartridge and remove the transparent film covering the copper-coloured contacts. Make sure that you don’t touch the contacts or the ink nozzles as doing so might cause ink clogs and improper electrical connections
- Next place the tri-colour cartridge at a slightly upward angle on the ink cartridge slot until it fits snugly into place.
- In the same manner, install the black cartridge.
Next, the printer will ask you to load unused Paper into the Paper Tray.
HP OfficeJet 100 Loading Unused Paper
- Next the Paper Input Tray is located on the rear of the printer. Now raise the tray and slide the Paper Width guides away from the printer.
- Next align a stack of unused papers and insert them into the Paper Tray.
- Next as soon as the stack of papers has been inserted into the tray, the printer detects it and prints out a Printer Configuration sheet.
- Then the Configuration page should be scanned to complete the alignment process.
- Now open the scanner glass and place this page print-side down on the lower right hand corner of the scanner glass.
- Next tap OK to finish the scanning procedure.
Next, enable the Wireless Setup Wizard to download and install the software from 123.hp.com/oj100
123 HP OfficeJet 100 Wireless Setup Wizard
In order to connect your computer wirelessly to the network, the Wireless Setup Wizard must be enabled. Gather the following items before beginning with the process
- Network Name (SSID)
- WPA Passphrase or network password
Once the above things are gathered, make sure that the computer, printer and router are switched on. If there’s any USB cable connected to the computer, disconnect it. Then visit HP’s website to change your Wired Connection to a Wireless connection. Follow the steps given below to enable the Wireless Setup Wizard
- On the printer control panel, tap the Wireless Setup Wizard.
- Then the Wireless setup screen will be displayed. Now tap the Settings icon on the Wireless setup menu.
- From the Settings menu, select the Wireless Setup menu.
- Next select the Wireless Setup Wizard and select the name of the Wireless network that you wish to connect your printer to.
- Now input the password once prompted by the system.
Next if the name of your network does not display on the screen, then try moving the router into the printer’s range or enter the name of the network manually using the correct case letters. For this note that Passwords and network names are case-sensitive. So, make sure that you type the correct case letters.
Now, you can go to 123.hp.com/oj100 to start the software driver download.
123 HP OfficeJet 100 Software Driver Download and Installation
The Software can also be installed from HP Smart App for Windows. This section tells you how to download and install the software from 123.hp.com/oj100. The Installation CD that came along with your printer can also be used but the firmware on the CD might not be up to date. Therefore, it is better to download the software drivers from the HP official website. Follow the instructions given below to download and install the software drivers from HP’s official website.
First switch on your system, open a browser of your choice and go to hp.com/oj100
- Next press the Download button to begin the download process.
- Once the download has been finished, click on the program from the browser downloads bar to begin the Installation process.
- The HP Easy Start Utility begins and extracts the required files for the process.
- To make sure the Installation is completed automatically, enable the HP Auto Connect option.
- Next follow the instructions on the page to complete the Installation process.
Once the Installation is complete, the printer automatically prints a Web Service Configuration sheet.
HP OfficeJet 100 Web Services
HP Web services can be helpful to setup ePrint and the HP Printable service. Follow the steps given below to set up the HP Web Services.
- First tap the ePrint icon from the Home screen of the printer.
- Next, touch the Setup icon.
- Then Agree to the Terms and Conditions of HP Connected to start using HP Web Services.
- Then if you want your printer to install updates automatically, choose the option that automatically installs the updates.
Now, you can setup the ePrint service on your printer. Note that you should download and install the software drivers from 123.hp.com/oj100 or 123.hp.com/setup 100 so that it enables the Web Services .
123 HP OfficeJet 100 HP ePrint service
ePrint service lets you send documents that need to be printed to your printer’s e-mail address from anywhere with an active internet connection. Before starting with the ePrint service, make sure that you’ve completed the Web Services Setup process and the software driver installation from 123.hp.com/oj100 or 123.hp.com/setup 100. Follow the steps given below to setup the ePrint service for your printer.
- First turn on the printer and check if you had setup Paper Input Tray and cartridges .
- Next on the home screen of the printer, touch the ePrint icon.
- Now touch Setup and follow the instructions on-screen on the control panel if you haven’t enabled Web Services.
- Once you enable Web service and ready, tap Print or Print info to display the Printer’s e-mail address on the screen . Then your Printer will print an Information sheet with the same information.
Next if you cannot find your printer’s e-mail address wait for a few hours and try obtaining the printer’s address again. Then once you’ve got the printer’s e-mail address, you can send print jobs to your printer. Now make sure that the documents are less than 10 Mb and there’s something in the subject line. Next if you mail your document to more than one recipient, your OfficeJet 100 will not print the document.
123 HP OfficeJet 100 Air Print Service
This Apple Air Print mobile service lets you send documents directly from iPad, iPhone or iPod touch to your OfficeJet 100 and print them. First check the following requirements before proceeding with the Air Print Setup process.
- Your apple device must have an iOS version higher than 4.2
- Next your printer should be connected to the same wireless network as your computer.
Follow the steps given below to print the documents using Air Print.
- Initially connect your OfficeJet 100 and your printer to the wireless network.
- Next open the document that has to be printed on your Apple device and tap the share icon.
- Now tap Print or Print icon.
- From the Printer options menu, tap Select Printer and select the name of your printer from the list.
- Now tap Options so that you can change other print settings. Then adjust Options like paper size not possible from the printer control panel.
123 HP OfficeJet 100 Google Cloud Print Service
The Google Cloud Print Service is similar to the ePrint and Air Print counterparts. This is not only applicable to HP Printers but also to the other Cloud Based Printers. This Google Cloud Print is fast and secure as the servers delete the documents once the printing job is complete.